T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do use a hybrid emulsion for printing water base ink stuff.

but i had received a brand new gallon of 'regular' emulsion made for plastisol inks (i guess it's not rated for use with water base inks).

if i did print some water base inks through this screen would i ruin it?

·
Registered
239 Posts
i do use a hybrid emulsion for printing water base ink stuff.

but i had received a brand new gallon of 'regular' emulsion made for plastisol inks (i guess it's not rated for use with water base inks).

if i did print some water base inks through this screen would i ruin it?
You can but once you made your screen (exposed and washed out), you can apply some screen hardener such as HardenX. I've used it for some water based discharge work using a regular dual cure emulsion and it worked ok.

After you wash it out post-exposure, leave it out in full sun so it's fully cured.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have used regular emulsion for small prints; 1-50 I've tested and notices that after that the emulsion start to break especially if you only did one coat. Now for water base I use 925wr and have not had any problems. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC One using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep. since my post i experimented and tried using the regular dual cure emulsion using water base inks and it lasted for a couple of small runs but every time after i would cleanup i noticed the stencil getting thinner and thinner and the more pin holes would open up.

i figure i'm just going to use the hybrid from now on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.