T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
with 65% poly, you are likely to get a faded look to your graphic. The inks only adhere well to natural fibers such as cotton, so printing with that high a content will probably not give you a great result. There are supposed to be some new inks made for poly, but I have yet to hear much about them. I think anajet is offering one, but it comes in carts, so would not really work great for the HM1. I have not really heard so far whether it works.

But I have an HM1 and I myself would not print on that high of poly content :) The result would not be favorable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
From my experience print on poly blends always looks too muted for my liking. The 90/10 are ok due to the majority cotton content. Try it, it might look ok for what you want; however, I think it is best to stick with the 100% cotton.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just finished printing on some aprons that were 65% polyester (white). They looked great until they were laundered. My customer wanted them anyway even after I explained the laundering result.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree with Don. Just try it. I have had some good results with certain things and colors. I have the best results when I let the item sit for 5 mins. in between ink coats. No problem with the washings. It will depend on the item. All you can do is try item by item.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts