T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if you could over expose a screen & what would be the results? Im using a work light & leaving it for 20 min. So far I've done 2 screens & no problem. What would happen if I left it longer? Would it ruin the screen? How would I know if Im leaving it too long???

· Registered
3,230 Posts
Was wondering if you could over expose a screen & what would be the results? Im using a work light & leaving it for 20 min. So far I've done 2 screens & no problem. What would happen if I left it longer? Would it ruin the screen? How would I know if Im leaving it too long???
Too long it won't wash out properly.

Don't let screen exposure be a roll of the dice. Get an exposure calculator and figure it out more accurately.

Use it on all your exposures for consistency.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see! I think Im leaving it too long! It comes off but seems like its hard to come off! Have no experience in this so wasn't sure what to look for. I will do a test see if maybe 10 or 15 min. Should be enough. I was scared to leave it less time so I was trying 20 min. Maybe a little longer! Likely the screens came out.

· Registered
17 Posts
When we use TC ink on big orders we tend to post harden once the screen has been washed out and dryed and spotted over and dryed again. 120 secs to post harden it. Then we are good to go for hours.

When we run more than 2 colours with TC this is a must for us, not doing so, or forgetting can be a big cost when it all goes wrong. LoL.
When it comes to mass production that is!

I always ask our screen department if post harden has be done before any Texcharge job goes on.

Best to be safe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
3,230 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.