T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started doing heat press but i think vinyl is way better can i do what this guy is doing on this video with any vinyl cutter i know everyone gets a roland but that way to much for me

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD5XaXxT1FI[/media]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes you can do that with any cutter. I offer that as one of my products to my customers if they want customized shirts, easier than having to make a screen for each design for a single shirt.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I just started doing heat press but i think vinyl is way better can i do what this guy is doing on this video with any vinyl cutter i know everyone gets a roland but that way to much for me

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD5XaXxT1FI[/media]
This design is just the beginning of what you can do with a vinyl cutter:) Layering colors, special effects like glitter, puff, gloss, clear, neons etc. are all achievable with a basic cutter of any price.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Are you using the same type vinyl for each layer? Also you only tack the first layer on for about 3 to 5 seconds. Apply the second layer and press for the full time and temp.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What brand of vinyl are you using? I use Thermoflex Plus and do not have a problem with shrinking.

·
Registered
396 Posts
your vinyl should not shrink. what does the instructions say about the first layer ? heat temp ? press time ? i think 5 seconds is too much for a first layer. ecofilm is only 1-2 sec.

what i really liked about the video was the "vinyl room" ! must be nice to have so many rolls ready to use. i'm pretty sure that was the ecofilm office though so that would explain it.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
They messed up when they applied heat to the last word, they should of only pressed it for a second or 2 then pulled the backing and re-pressed it for the whole time. I promise you could see a box indented into the other vinyl from where the backing from the last layer was. Not a big deal, but a little detail I avoid by doing it the way I said.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I just did a job using easy weed. It was my first using this vinyl but did not notice any shrinking. It was on 50/50 Gilden t's. Only had a problem weeding 1/4" letters but not in pressing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts