T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
I am planning on pruchasing a Rabitt plotter, and I was wondering, If I have sheets of various tranfers graphics already printed that I am cuttign by hand (all sheets are the exact same), can I use the plotter to contour cut them without having the origianl (digital) file? Or do I have to scan it or something then create the cuting paths? Or can I still create the cutting program/paths (manualy) and just line up the sheet and let the program cut. I am not lookign to really do contour cuts as I just want to cut out sqaures from this sheet. (and yes the sheet will fit the plotter) - also the paper is not thick.

I am planning on using this plotter to cut out vinyl transfers for pressing mostly text and car decals as well. hoping to get the cutting of these sheets done too, would be a bonus!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Unless something new has cropped up the Rabbit plotter cannot contour cut. The only plotters that can do that are the Roland gx24, Graphtec pro, and another sold by US cutters the laserpoint.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember reading that some people were using it to contour cut - I will try to find it and link it.
If so, I need to know if the art work needs to be digital etc,,, to do this.
Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts