T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
white on black needs print flash print, so 2 coats of white...I coat my screens 2:1...that means, coat shirt side, turn around, coat squeegee side, the turn back & coat shirt side again...dry screen shirt side down!

I'm a little confused of what he means here? can anyone explain a little better? I am trying for the first time to do black on white and I want to do it correctly.

·
Registered
136 Posts
When printing white ink on black shirt using print flash print yields opaque results. So the make a print then flash or gel cure then print again . Also when printing white a thicker stencil on the emulsion will lay more ink down per stroke , and to do this some people coat the screen 1 time each side then once again on the shirt side then they let it dry shirt side down to let gravity pull the emulsion down making a thicker stencil . Also some will let the screen dry the coat it again on the shirt side 1 or 2 more times with drying inbetween to make a stencil with a good inkwell for opaque white passes.. Hope this helps albie

·
Registered
290 Posts
Print, flash, print means to one complete print stroke, use the flash dryer to partially cure that stroke of ink and the finally to make another complete print stroke. Then sending the shirt through the conveyor dryer for a final cure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts