T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yes! I was doing color seperations! White and orange. Obviously not black. I actually did one without a flash base and it turned out good because i had an opaque orange, BUT, it was hard to get it "Right" on. I Had a tiny little gap between orange and white..so i wanted to see if there was a way i can maybe do a flash base, so i will cover any "gaps" so the black doesn't come through.

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay. i have been working on this for hours! i have tried this and it seems i can not get it perfect because i keep seeing the white lettering behind the orange when i put it on a shirt. I can't get it lined up perfect even with my registration marks. Is there a way, i can do something with the lettering on the flash base??? Please help!! I'm desperate and tired!

· Registered
478 Posts
If you're working in Illustrator, just add like .5 of a white stroke around the letters (on your white film) where the black shirt shows through. Then do the same thing with a black stroke on the letters in your orange film. That should eliminate the problem of the white showing in your letters.

· Registered
1,451 Posts
Here is how I would separate this:
1. Print out orange positive as is.
2. Turn everything orange in the design to white.
3. Select all black text and apply a .5 or .75 outside stroke in black
4. Print out white positive.
This will underbase your orange, and leave you a little bit of wiggle room to keep the white from showing inside the black lettering if the registration is off a tiny bit.

· Registered
786 Posts
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I think this is exactly what needs to be done...

Here is how I would separate this:
1. Print out orange positive as is.
2. Turn everything orange in the design to white.
3. Select all black text and apply a .5 or .75 outside stroke in black
4. Print out white positive.
This will underbase your orange, and leave you a little bit of wiggle room to keep the white from showing inside the black lettering if the registration is off a tiny bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.