T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

A few months ago at the mall I paid $5 for a blank white tee from Vast Sportswear. I think this shirt is great, as it has the same generous cut as the Gildan, but without the flaring sleeves.

BUT, I'm having THE hardest time finding the manufacturer. A search on their RN number (097246) pointed me to a company in NY whose phone was no longer in service.

I also called the store from where I bought the shirt, but the contact number they gave me led to a non-serviced number as well.

Clearly these shirts are available SOMEWHERE since I was able to get my hands on it. Anyone have an idea on how I should hunt this manufactuer/wholesaler down?

Thanks in advance! shade

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Inner Man said:
Clearly these shirts are available SOMEWHERE since I was able to get my hands on it.
It could be were rather than are though. Hopefully someone will know something.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Solmu said:
It could be were rather than are though. Hopefully someone will know something.
Good point. I have a feeling that I've already got my answer:

if you can't at least CONTACT someone through an RN, they're probably not worth doing business with anyway.

Thank you very much for your reply.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
These details seem different from the RN details:

Vast Sportswear
1170 Broadway,
New York,
NY 10001
Tel: (212) 686-6988

Maybe they just moved down the street? You could also check a 2006 NY phone directory (or Yellow Pages (if you have Yellow Pages in the US)...as that ad would have been placed this year).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for shedding light there. Where did you search for the RN? I used:

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/TextileRN/wrnquery$.startup

and a query 097246 yielded this address/phone:

1201 BROADWAY #702
New York, NY 10001
212-213 9033

Admittedly, FTC did not guarantee the address, but I took for granted that Vast could/can be located another way. I'll follow your lead and see what happens. Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I searched on some business wholesale address books....all sorts of goodies there :)

I also found several Chinese references by just doing advanced google searches (and complex Mandarin I couldn't auto-translate)....perhaps they've moved production overseas?

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
did you ever find how to get ahold of vast sportswear? i have 2 of thier shirts and they are awesome! i want to use them for my clients tee shirts. any advice would be awesome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts