T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I'm planning to upgrade my press asap as the current pos I'm using is breaking my heart and taking a lot of the enjoyment out of starting up this new venture of mine.

When I worked in NZ the press they had there was the v2000 and I was really impressed with it. I can't afford it though so I think I'm going to go for the v1000.

Can any owners of the V1000 and do me a favor I would love to see a video of someone setting up a 3-4 colour print and printing it on the machine. I'd just like to see how the machine actually runs before buying. Its not really possible for me to get a look at one before I buy as I'm in Ireland and afaik they don't have a distributor in Europe and I don't think they are represented at any trade shows here.

Anyway if anyone can help or even give me their 2 cents I'd be much obliged.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just went through the same delima.. I went with the Riley Hopkins 4x4, it was cheaper than the VASTEX 1k and i couldnt be happier with it.. It is VERY solid..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The RH looks nice but I like the v1000 looks to be a sturdier unit to me also I dont like the look of the pallet mechanism on the RH.

Is there anyone who's used both that can odd their 2 cents?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Cannot speak for the V1000, but I have a V2000 and am extremely happy with it. I truly feel like it will be the last manual press I will buy. So if the v1000 as anywhere close to the V2000's quality then you will be happy.

ALSO, have you looked for a used v2000? I picked mine up for a very fair price...it was only 1-2 years old.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks thutch15 but I'm in Ireland so I won't be able to pick up a 2nd hand one here and i think with postage and everything getting a new machine will be my only option. I have seen the v2000 in the flesh and if I could afford it, I'd get it, I'm just interested to see a V1000 in action so I can compare its set up and operation to the V2000

1 - 7 of 7 Posts