T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have step by step instructions on how to properly calibrate a riley hopkins 4 color 4 station manual press with XY micro registration. i have been fine on my 1 and 2 color jobs, but this 4 color one is giving me many calibration problems.

please help

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey Brian. welcome to the forums.

the hopkins presses are "calibrated right out of the warehouse," as described to me by Riley himself.

Of course i didn't know this when i first got my hopkins 6/4 (joystick) and without a sheet of instructions i was forced in my novice ways to start tuning all the wrong areas. And this is how i ended up on the phone with Mr. Hopkins.

Basically you don't ever want to touch the bolts that the print heads lay on, the ones in the back. if you already started screwing with those ones, you'll probably have to recalibrate the whole thing.

(something i had to do:eek:)

i wish i still had the sheets Riley faxed me on the calibration so i could send them to you, however i can't seem to find them.

I'd call your press supplier & inform them of your problem. They'll certainly get you the info you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i actually purchased my press from RYONET. thanks for the video. all the advice from everyone so far has been helpful, thank you. basically i have been squeezing by without have to do a whole lot of calibration on my machine (must have been calibrated right out of the warehouse!). i was basically looking for the proper order in which to calibrate because i made my own procedure that sometimes doesnt work out so well for me. i did change all the bolts touching the print head....i leveled the machine and then leveled everything else accordingly, also shrinking the off contact distance because i always thought it was too far, ever since i got the press. i hope i dont have to redo all of that because it was hours of work. im currently printing the rest of the 4-color job i started and things are going well so far. i only have 200 shirts left. i will write back tomorrow.

thanks again
im glad i came to the forum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts