T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone. I'm just trying to re-evaluate the pricing for my business, and I'm wondering if anyone has a system they like for calculating their ink costs.

Any idea how much ink goes into a square inch of printed plastisol vs how much a new container contains? If I knew that, I could feel a little more secure about my per-impression pricing.

Thanks for any info!

· Registered
2,140 Posts
Hi, everyone. I'm just trying to re-evaluate the pricing for my business, and I'm wondering if anyone has a system they like for calculating their ink costs.

Any idea how much ink goes into a square inch of printed plastisol vs how much a new container contains? If I knew that, I could feel a little more secure about my per-impression pricing.

Thanks for any info!
Here is some info you should be able to use to calculate. Let us know what you find out. Also, remember ink cost is probably less than 1% of your cost per shirt, so don't waste to much of your valuable time!

Attachments

· Registered
885 Posts
Yeah, I have never spent too much time on this either because the cost is negligible. The quick way I would calculate it though is to use a month and a years worth of info. The total $ amount I spent on ink in a month and year, and that number divided by the total number of impressions for that month or year. That will give you an average per impression ink cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.