T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have some deisgns that I have had a few people comment they would love to purchase. I never really gave it any though but someone mentioned to me that you can sell your designs on cafe press. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
If you check out the T-shirt Fulfillment Services section of the forum, there is a subsection dedicated to CafePress. You should find plenty of info, opinions and advice there, as well as info on other available services that are similar to CafePress.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Hi,

I have some deisgns that I have had a few people comment they would love to purchase. I never really gave it any though but someone mentioned to me that you can sell your designs on cafe press. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Yes, you can use CafePress to sell your designs on t-shirts, hats, mousepads and many other items.

It's pretty easy to use (I've used CafePress personally since 1999), and they pay on time each month (assuming you have earned enough to get a check)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use Spreadshirt (similar to Cafepress) for the same reason. I want to try my hand at designs and get feedback before I sink too much money into it. It's a low-cost effort ($100/year for the premium shop to remove their branding) and it's easy to upload designs and see what they look like on products.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, it's only $100 for the year? That's not bad considering all you have to worry about doing is uploading different designs. Now I assume there are copyright laws, like I can't upload any of my DC or Marvel designs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dont think that applying for a license from marvel or DC would be worth it in the long run, unless you are churning out thousands and thousands of the tshirt designs and already are in lots and lots oof high street shops. It would cost a fortune.

I use spreadshirt and to be honest are overjoyed with the company, especially the responses on forums, like this, which are almost instant, and come direct from the techies at the company. A good service and brilliant support. Like you say, 100 dollars a year isnt much to ask for...

mark

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No i wouldn't bother getting a license, like nosyM said, it would be to expensive. Unless I was selling 10,000 shirts, i wouldnt make a profit. I might just sell my design to Marvel or DC. Someone else posted that they asked permission to sell the design and they asked to buy it from him for $500. Maybe something to consider. I have gotten many compliments on my Harley Quinn design

·
Registered
66 Posts
Then I would approach marvel and DC with your designs and see if they are interested in buying the design from you. That way any problems with licensing are overcome. Maybe just drop them a mail and invite them to see some designs. Remember that a huge company like marvel get a lot of requests, so make sure yours stands out a bit...

mark
http://www.nosymbolrequired.co.uk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I personally have my stuff on zazzle, mostly because of last years changes on cafepress. Many people left cafepress at this time and moved to other companies. I am now much more successful on zazzle, than I have ever been on cafepress.

However if you want to give cafepress a try I suggest to opt out of their marketplace. If you don't opt out of the cafepress marketplace they will sell your designs and all you get is 10% no matter what you have marked up for yourself. If a sales is coming from their marketplace they reduce your royalty to 10%. To get the full markup you have set, the sale needs to come from your cafepress store.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.