T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hear you loud and clear, Solmu… but the fact of the matter is, you can change and adapt to the technology in your industry and world, or basically be forced to drop out somewhere down the line. Perhaps start a museum? People will be saying, “this is how we use to print shirts in the old days”!

The production capabilities of DTG are not even close to screen presses right now. So large runs are a niche that will probably hang around for a while. But if you’re not a BIG production facility, I guess there’s no comfort in that.

As with everything, they’re getting top dollar for the latest technology. The Single T-Jet can be had for around 12K. In a year or two, you’ll be able to get a better machine w/ twice the volume for less than half.

·
Premium Member
56,238 Posts
I'm wearing a black cafepress DTG printed shirt and the hand and quality is pretty amazing. It's just a one color (white) design, but it does have some cool detail.

It should definitely be interesting to where this technology is in 10 years.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The only conspiracy that I am seeing is that major retailers are taking notice of DTG as a means of increasing sales. Visit your local Walmart and look at what is on display for the fall. Light colored shirts with water based ink printing.
In this day of nano technology why would it be inconsievable that by 1st making this combination fashionable, they could use DTG to increase sales by decorating for schools. Our Walmart already has tees and sweatshirts on the racks for our local high schools.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.