T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Although seperate technologies... kind of? I think within 2 years there will be no differennce or distinction between the two. It's not screen printing becasue there is no screen? There already is screen printing without a "screen".

·
Registered
243 Posts
Definetly not as well, but the faded look is in! I still use screen printing right now. The quality is better and the colors are much brighter. However, within a few years I don't think you'll be able to tell the difference.

If you need to one-off a lot of shirts, it's defiently the way to go! Even though the quality isn't there, you can't beat the costs! But the machines don't come cheap!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I hear you loud and clear, Solmu… but the fact of the matter is, you can change and adapt to the technology in your industry and world, or basically be forced to drop out somewhere down the line. Perhaps start a museum? People will be saying, “this is how we use to print shirts in the old days”!

The production capabilities of DTG are not even close to screen presses right now. So large runs are a niche that will probably hang around for a while. But if you’re not a BIG production facility, I guess there’s no comfort in that.

As with everything, they’re getting top dollar for the latest technology. The Single T-Jet can be had for around 12K. In a year or two, you’ll be able to get a better machine w/ twice the volume for less than half.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ten years? I think it will be a lot quicker than that!

I just got 3 new black shirt samples from T-Jet today. They're all done from our art so we could compair next to the screened. They all look really good! Not too far off at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.