T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all, as previously posted, I just opened up my Cafepress store and I haven't the faintest idea what I am doing. I have read a lot of information onthe site and taken the advice of those of you who already are running a store. I understand pretty much how it works, but what I need help with is creating the graphic the way the store needs it to be. I am using Photoshop 6.0 and have very little knowledge of it. I am learning more everyday, but I don't know how to make my designs Cafepress-friendly. I am sure something is on this forum already (since I seem to ask questions that are already answered) but I thought I would ask for help anyhow. I saw there are several templates you can download for the different products too. Are these really helpful? Anyhow, please help me so I can get my designs just right.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
What specific question do you have :)?

The templates that cafepress provides can help you start out with an image that is the right size for the product you are designing for. That way you are at the right resolution.

CafePress has some great tutorials and documentation on their website:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/images/help_images

There's also a great topic/article in their forums with lots of information on graphics: http://forums.cafepress.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/983104/m/573109

But it sounds like you may need help with photoshop and creating images rather than cafepress specific help?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Are you trying to create the image needed to make black shirts? If so you need a transparent image, which is to say you need to be using a .png image. Make you design in photoshop layers and on the background layer, either delete that layer or set it to transparent. Then save the design as a .png file. Save a big resolution for it to. I use 8x10 which will give you a huge resolution. Then upload the .png image to your image gallery on cafepress.
Hope this helps, if you cant figure it out, send me a private message and I will help you with it, or just keep asking questions in this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts