T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to cut a group of signatures for an elementary class and found it to be very difficult. I know screen printing would be the best way, but I don't do screen printing yet. I have vectorized the group of signatures and made it thicker so it would cut easier, but it still is difficult. Has anyone done this before, have any advice, or know of a better way????? Really need help with this asap!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I would use either an inkjet or a laser transfer for it. With cut vinyl there is no easy way to do large groups of small letters.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you mean print on a transfer and then heat press it to shirt? Will that give professional results? Where or what do you recommend for this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, You can print from your inkjet printer onto a transfer and then heatpress is on the shirt. The area of the transfer that is not printed will have a different appearance than the rest of the shirt. But they are making them much better. I used to use the ones that conde sells. If you don't screen that would be your best bet.

If you don't screen, it is something you should look into anyway.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definately want to get into screen printing. Scared to try it. Will take any advise on that subject :) What is the best transfer paper again? Conde??

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I am trying to cut a group of signatures for an elementary class and found it to be very difficult. I know screen printing would be the best way, but I don't do screen printing yet. I have vectorized the group of signatures and made it thicker so it would cut easier, but it still is difficult. Has anyone done this before, have any advice, or know of a better way????? Really need help with this asap!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance!!!!
What type of cutter are you using?

What type of heat applied vinyl are you using?

There are heat applied vinyls available that allow you to cut amazing detail, so small lettering is not an issue. Also, doing large groups of small lettering is not a problem with the right material. All the lettering is on a carrier after you cut and weed it out, so placement is easy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I would have to agree with Nick. I ve cut some designs and lettering that a supplier told me couldn t be done aq year ago and yet the shirts are still being worn. Not the easiest weeding in some cases but it was done and very durable.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you have time, consider plastisol transfers for the signatures, one color low qty wont be too expensive and will save the nightmare of weeding a lot of them.

·
Registered
431 Posts
A lot depends on several things, like is this a freebie or are you charging? A lot of school projects are the parents doing it for free. How many? These are for an elementary school so long lasting is probably not going to be a high concern since in 6 months they will not fit anyway. Even a small class of 15 or so with small lettering and you would be ready for a long vacation if you are not used to weeding. Unless it is for a high cost job or you are trying to get more work from the school I would definately try to sell them on a standard inkjet transfer or like someone suggested getting transfers printed if there is time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try easyprints.com, They have screenprint heart transfers that are great for this type of project. The comapany name is transfer express look on the side panel for this blog site and you can get all of the contact information, Good Luck. visite www.ttpdesigns.com

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a 48" Lazer Contour Cutter. Contour cut I don't think it does. Pain in the butt is more like it. I'm using Siser Easy Weed material. Do you have any suggestions? Am I using the right material?

·
Registered
189 Posts
In my experience Siser Easy Weed is definitley capable of holding fine detail. The only problem will be with the time to weed. Good Luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts