T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.
I'm new to vinyl,and i recently got a gx 24,and a sample pack from Stahls europe.
I tested with all the different vinyls,and made some very nice tees.
I especially like the premium plus,and on my next order,among many other colours i ordered 15m of white.It wasn't one roll,but it was one roll of 5m,and another of 10m.First i put the 5m roll into the roland,and It cut and weeded perfect.I pressed at 150C for 8sec. on medium pressure,but nothing!Not even a small part of the vinyl was stuck on the shirt.
I then did tests raising the pressure and time little by little and at the end it was only with heavy pressure,and 25 seconds,that seemed to work.
On the same order i had other types of vinyl like flock and glitter,and i tested both on the recommended by Stahhls temp,time and pressure
and everything worked fine.Perfect wash tests also.
I didn't have time to see if the other roll of the p.plus white would have the same problems,but i will test soon.
Anyway on the wash tests that followed,the tees that i had made,with the white p.plus, on some of them,i can see the vinyl coming off.
What could be wrong?Me? the material?
Looking for some help from the more experienced on vinyl.
Thanks.

· Registered
825 Posts
Hi to all.
I'm new to vinyl,and i recently got a gx 24,and a sample pack from Stahls europe.
I especially like the premium plus,and on my next order,among many other colours i ordered 15m of white.It wasn't one roll,but it was one roll of 5m,and another of 10m.First i put the 5m roll into the roland,and It cut and weeded perfect.I pressed at 150C for 8sec. on medium pressure,but nothing!Not even a small part of the vinyl was stuck on the shirt.
I then did tests raising the pressure and time little by little and at the end it was only with heavy pressure,and 25 seconds,that seemed to work.
On the same order i had other types of vinyl like flock and glitter,and i tested both on the recommended by Stahhls temp,time and pressure
I didn't have time to see if the other roll of the p.plus white would have the same problems,but i will test soon.
Anyway on the wash tests that followed,the tees that i had made,with the white p.plus, on some of them,i can see the vinyl coming off.
Thanks.
Almost has to be I use premium plus daily and rarely have issue. Please check the second roll and see how it does. I suspect you either got a bad roll or its not PPlus. At any rate, Stahls is a great company to deal with and they will make this right.

Good luck.
CalhTech>

· Registered
1,965 Posts
Hi to all.
Thanks.
Hello,

If you are still having issues I can have someone from our Stahls Europe contact you regarding that.

Please let me know.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Richard,hi Nick.
Sorry for the late answer but i wanted to test some more.I do dtg,so i have very little time
in between cleanings,head clogs,printing and struggling with all the different issues of dtg, LOL
when i go to do vinyl in my small workshop,it's like day off for me,a quick break from the stressfull dtg,LOL.
Anyway, yesterday i tried again with the other roll,and same problem.Also, with another roll of orange
from the same order,and after 8-10 sec. of medium pressure,not even a small part of the vinyl is applied
on the shirt.Even after 20 sec. and very heavy pressure,results are not good,especially when i peel warm
as recommended by Stahls.If i peel cold,then the results are better but in no way perfect.
I have rolls of other colors of p.p,but i didn't try,i was frustrated.Instead,I cut some designs in flock and glitter for me and the family and everything worked out great with the recommended time and temp.
I don't know what could be wrong.Something i'm doing wrong,or the vinyl?
Why with all the other types of vinyl everything is working out great?
Monday i'm going to sacrifice my siesta and try the other colors of p.p from the order and let you
know.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.