T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We received our C88 and Iron All paper and gave it a quick test run. That paper is sensitive!! It does have a nice feel after the wash but it seems so touchy that there were track lines on our design from it going through the printer. I don't know of any settings that would change that but maybe I'm not familiar enough with it. Does this happen to you? We can't use the paper like this. Our HP had a setting for transfer paper but we didn't see anything like that with the C88 so we're not sure what to set it to. But how do you prevent the paper from flaking off in the printer? What kinds of settings should we use for our printer?

We also noticed some of the colors on our designs are a little off. We had a black/white photo like image that when printed looked good but after it was pressed it had a green hue to it. Not sure if that is a paper or ink issue. What settings are you guys using?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased the Iron All transfers. I love the feel and look of the pictures from the transfers. However, I also experience black ink at the bottom of my transfers. It does not happen all the time. Maybe I will try selecting a different paper setting to see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Greatness07 said:
I also experience black ink at the bottom of my transfers. It does not happen all the time.
If you are printing to the whole page, try not printing all the way to the edge of the paper. See if that helps.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
One of the things you must remember with Iron All is "LESS IS MORE" Don't print in the best photo mode or even the photo mode. I use text/photo and they work great. Cut the amount of ink. Your not printing a photo your printing on a transfer paper that does not absorb excess ink. Lou

·
Registered
282 Posts
I print using Epson CX4800 (which is all-in-one equivalent to C88).
I get pizza wheeling sometimes. Change to "envelope" thickness by lifting lever (well, that's what I do). inksupply.com has a washer fix for eliminating the paper feed (pizza) marks. Don't ask me any more about this because I haven't done this to any of my Epsons yet.

I'm printing with regular PHOTO mode. Any less and quality suffers...banding.
+5Cyan, +5Magenta, -5Yellow. My suggestion is do test prints of color swatches on paper and heat press on scrap shirt. Your image/design will dictate what adjustments you need to play around with.

If in CorelDraw, there's a "fit to page" command that will keep your image from going full-bleed and hence ink pooling at the edges.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts