T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll be using the magic mix or durabrite.

What about the hix hobby lite? any good or bad news about it?
thanks

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Should do just fine.

The main complaint with the Hobby Lite is, fairly predictably, the small printing area. Hix is a good brand and you shouldn't have any trouble with it as long as all you want to print are 8x10.5 sheets. Of course, you can always purcahse a 2nd press in the future for larger printing and keep the Hobby Lite as a backup or use it for small shirts, totes, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. all i do is baby tee's with an image no bigger than 5". do you know if i need a program for my computer for the color to come out "true"?

Twinge said:
Should do just fine.

The main complaint with the Hobby Lite is, fairly predictably, the small printing area. Hix is a good brand and you shouldn't have any trouble with it as long as all you want to print are 8x10.5 sheets. Of course, you can always purcahse a 2nd press in the future for larger printing and keep the Hobby Lite as a backup or use it for small shirts, totes, etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
c86 is what Im about to buy. Very affordable printer, and you can look around for somewhat good prices on ink. I myself just got a mighty press lite, 11x15 print area, press at 375.00.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm new to the hobby also, and started with C86, and Hix Hobby Lite also. I have no complaints about the C86, it prints very nicely IMO. The only issue with the Hobby Lite I have, is that it is a bit difficult to get larger shirts lined up on the press, but if you are doing mostly baby clothes, you should have no issues at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts