T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a couple of shirts over the winter through CafePress. Both used the Direct Printing method. I was happy with one shirt, but not so much with the other. The shirt that I wasn't happy with was this one. It came out like this:

As you can see, a lot of detail was lost in the iris.

I recently have been thinking of buying more stuff from there. This is my question: Which is higher quality, Heat Press or Direct Print?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I recently have been thinking of buying more stuff from there. This is my question: Which is higher quality, Heat Press or Direct Print?
It could be that you got a bad print (Direct Print).

I think direct garment printing should be able to pick up the details, but the color is sometimes more subdued.

CafePress has a good explaination of the differences in the quality of their printing methods posted here:
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/help_printingprocess.aspx

·
Registered
104 Posts
More than likely you just got a bad original print. Remember that Each store is individually owned and sometimes people are not the best artists. I know when I first got started I didn't understand resolution too well (it looks like the photo resolution of the Iris was not so good) so my first designs are VERY Fuzzy around the edges. Some of them still sell but I find that I get alot of returns from those older designs. (I am in the slow process of redoing all of the older ones anytime I get a return I review the artwork) Also alot of "Photo" quality designs should be done on Heat Transfer for CP products but as a storeowner the default is Direct Print. If you are looking to by a CP product that is Photo Quality get it in Heat Transfer. Lastly Do not be afraid to return CP has a great Return Policy and a VERY friendly support staff. (as a shopkeeper I hate Returns but I would rather it be a happy experience that encourages the customer to maybe think about coming back then it be so hard that the customer decides never to come back.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts