T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
I am in Australia and just start my business. I wish to buy a Garment printer like DTG. But I found this machine is very expensive in Australia. It is more than AUD$20,000. I am thinking if I can buy from other country like America or Indonisia. But I am worrying the training, maintenence service and shipping. Will they provide enough training and how can they do service if something wrong with the machine? how much will it cost for the machine shipping from over sea?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The DTG Viper was developed in Australia. Why would you go elsewhere when the support is right at home? The main thing when considering buying a DTG machine is the support that is provided. You won't get that from importing from USA (you won't be able to anyway) or buying from Indonesia (where you will get ripped off by scammers).

The distributors and technical staff here in Australia are great. This is what your money is invested into. If this is a new business of yours, invest wisely and buy locally. The more you think you save, the bigger the risk you take. I highly recommend you do not pursue buying a machine from overseas. Your business could end before its even started.

·
Registered
359 Posts
This may sound silly, but perhaps you can find a supplier in the US (Don from SWF, or Pantograms) that could cut you a good deal (with a good exchange rate), and then stop the direct to garment printing system (Viper or otherwise) from getting on the ship? Pick it up like some people pick up German cars...directly from the plant.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
The distribution channel for the DTG brand is structured as it is in order to provide optimal support for all users. We are not allowed, nor would we consider, selling product into one of our partners territiories. In situations such as these it is the enduser who ultimately suffers.

The reality check on this is that if you don't see the printer as having the value that your distributor is selling it for, then don't buy it. Perhaps one of your competitors will see the value in the machine.

PS - $20,000AUD is actually about $18,000USD - the Viper sells for $20,000-22,000 USD (depending on whether it includes an installation) - $20K AUD is a pretty good deal in my book!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, Don. I didn't look up the exchange rate, but I agree that $18,000 for a Viper DTG printer would be a good deal!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hello Robins

I would be happy to help you with any and all needed information on the DTG Viper our support services as well as potential income streams that you can generate from the machine.

As others have suggested, the Viper is an Australian product and I find it very unlikely that our own distributors will sell machines into our own country, it goes against their distributorship agreement.

I am located in Sydney, feel free to PM me if I can be of assistance.

Regards
Jerry
DTG Digital

1 - 6 of 6 Posts