T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have done NO research and know No ONE to help with my purchase. I found a Refine 24pro plotter with software the guy is going to download on my lap top by Sign Blazer & Vector Magic. He will copy back up to discs or put on a flash drive... He has had it 2 years, been making signs for 5 years but supposedly dosent use this much... Im going to pay $280 for this. I am wanting to make stickers for my derby teams helmets, iron-on merchandise to sell at our bouts and do custom name stuff for 4-h and derby... Is this a good price, and I getting something that is beginner user friendly??? He dosent have manuals, said I can down load them online. :confused: Im supposed to pick it up tomorrow (wed 3/21/12) Can anyone reassure me Im not getting in over my head. Thanks for any help!!!

· Registered
174 Posts
Kristin, USER FRIENDLY points at the design software and your comfort with software. If you are okay with using sophisticated software, then you should go for it. CAUTION! Do not promise graphics before you have sat down and worked with the equipment and software. The worst thing you can do is PROMISE product and then have your customers drooling over your shoulder. It is pressure you do not need. "Slow and steady" should be your battle cry.

· Registered
74 Posts
Even beyond how user friendly the machine is or how well it integrates with the cutter. You still need some sort of vector graphics background and an understanding of how to layer or intersect your designs before you expect to make your first logo.

I promise that as soon as you have a cutter, someone will give you a logo to scan and your next post to t-shirtforums will be related to the graphics side of it.

We're always willing to help, but there is alot more than meets the eye when starting to cut vinyl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.