T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A word to the wise if you are considering purchasing a used FlexiJet. The exclusive distributor, All American Supply does not support purchasers of used machines in any way including allowing access to the FlexiJet Users Forum unless your purchase their $2,000 per year support plan. I would understand this if you are looking for personal one on one support but not to join a forum that benefits everyone including All American and the Mfg. Not sure what the other Mfgs do but in the case of the FlexiJet this should be a major consideration given the lack of documentation provided with earlier machines. If there are any other buyers of used FlexiJets in this forum not willing to pay All American $2k per year to join the club that already have an open means to exchange information or are interested in putting one together for sharing ideas, tips, tricks etc. with others please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark,
Good to hear that your position as the Mfg. is different than the distributors. I have purchased a used FlexiJet and at this point do not know what if any assistance I will need to get up and running. Although I haven't used a DTG I am reasonably competent with Photoshop and Corel Draw and own other Epson printers. I figured the best thing to do is to read through the forums and learn from others that have shared their experiences. I would not expect personalized assistance from the distributor when I haven't purchased anything from them. I would however expect access to FAQs, info on software updates machine tweaks, improvements, upgrades etc. My intent was to purchase a new heat press and a full ink set from them and to get plugged into the forum. When I contacted them I was told quote: “Please understand that if All American is not a part to the sale/purchase agreement you have made or be about to make, then All American is not obligated in any way to warrant your purchase or to provide technical support and or training to you. These services were part of the original sale and provided to the original owner of the Flexi-jet. Warranty, training and technical support are available from All American, but they are not free. A one year phone/email/webcam support contract is $2,000 per year.”
I had a subsequent communication from them that confirmed that access to the forum or any support would not be granted until I paid for the support contract.
On a positive note I am very encouraged from the responses to my original post from yourself, Mistewoods and others who seem more than willing to share for the benefit of all.
Thanks to you and all who have responded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
As the originater of this thread I have been following the posts with intererst and thought I would post an update. I purchased a used Flexi and because of other business commitments I didn't get a chance to test it for 3-4 weeks.
My first issue was software related, I could not get the rip function properly on my computer which I believe was due to it being a Windows Vista 64 bit machine. Once I brought in an older computer with Windows XP everything worked great. Having read many posts on the various forums about clogging issues I was worried I would have trouble because the unit sat for more than a month with inks loaded. However I started it up and ran cleaning cycle and then did some test prints and they looked great. Now that I am in production I have had many questions on color profiles, rip settings etc. and all have been answered promptly and clearly by either Dan at DTGinks.com or Mistewoods at SuperTprinting.com. I'd like to thank them publicly for their assistance. Being able to tap into their knowledge and experience has saved me the many hours of experimenting and probably a lot of frustration it would have taken to get it right.
As far as the decision to buy used rather new I think I made the right choice for me. If you have some basic knowledge of inkjet printers and can find a used machine at half of the price of a new one and can get all of the operating info you need from the posts and experts on this board and the DTG forum why buy new? DTG printers like most new technology are going to do nothing but get better, faster and most likely less expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.