T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
As far as I know there is no additional documentation provided on current Flexi-jets from what we received with ours over two years ago- which was pretty much nothing after setting up the machine. Last I saw there was a still incomplete manual- and a users forum full of users input but not much tech support . In fact we were told over and over again that the manufacturer had no obligation to support the product, and that the forum was for user input only- so there isn't ( or wasn't anyway) much official information there. But you are right that it would cost the distributor nothing to give access to the forum to owners of used machines.

After another owner was refused access the Flexi forum he started the DTGInks.com forum for owners (only) of any brand ( or DIY) garment printing machines who want to join together in mutual support. It is a specialized forum devoted only to owners helping other owners in real daily struggles with printer operation and repair. In response to some manufacturers not supplying parts- at the requests of users he added a product line of parts and supplies- and finally, added inks at the beginning of this year.

If anyone needs help here- that is great also- and I am sure Flexi and other printer owners will be glad to contribute whatever help we can offer to any issue you are facing.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Randy I own a Flexi and will be glad to assist you in any way. I'd buy as cheap as possible if it was me- and I really doubt you would need the support package since there are so many users and the DTGInks forum ( which is not a competitor for this forum- it is a "machine owners only" forum that deals only with dtg owners helping each other troubleshoot problems) that will help you out as well. For most things that might need to be repaired I doubt you'd spend over $1000. For that you'd have a fairly complete overhaul even if it needed a new print head and capping station and new dampers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I did not remove you from the forum. I did not and do not in any way alter anyone else's posts on any forum ever, nor do I have authority to make decisions like this on the DTGInks forum. I am a volunteer.The DTGInks forum rules do state very clearly (and owners get really ticked off if Dan makes exceptions) that you must be a current owner of a machine to be a member. It is the distinctive of that forum and makes it a non-competitor for this and other forums. This is the first time I am aware of where a person got caught in between machines but would have liked to stay on the forum and I am sorry it hurt you.

I did not receive an order of ink from any new owners, only long established ones. I do genuinely thank you for recommending my website though. I have had the same experience in my many months of DTGinks use as you have, I have had no problems at all with the DTGInks. I have neither seen posts nor talked with other owners about a problem with cyan and black. I have heard of some owners buying dampers that did not function properly. I also hear about clogging problems with all brand of inks in general, especially if maintenance is not diligent or the machine sits idle alot. If there is a generalized problem with DTGInks I hope my customers will contact me and Dan's will contact him about it.

The Flexi forum was loads of fun while it lasted. Getting kicked off the Flexi forum and the alterations and deletions of my posts is an old wound that is healed. I have not been on it since then. As always I wish BelQuette the best.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Other than the classifieds here, people have also had success listing their printers on www.digitsmith.com. www.craigslist.org, www.dtginks.com (which also has a support forum), www.inkjetgarmentprinters.com , and many have had good success in their local newspaper.

As far as support, BelQuette has posted in several places on this forum that they will offer ongoing support at an hourly rate plus parts for the Flexi. I have not seen anywhere that they listed a time frame when support would end. I have not seen anywhere All American has addressed this subject publicly yet.

Michele

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.