T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A word to the wise if you are considering purchasing a used FlexiJet. The exclusive distributor, All American Supply does not support purchasers of used machines in any way including allowing access to the FlexiJet Users Forum unless your purchase their $2,000 per year support plan. I would understand this if you are looking for personal one on one support but not to join a forum that benefits everyone including All American and the Mfg. Not sure what the other Mfgs do but in the case of the FlexiJet this should be a major consideration given the lack of documentation provided with earlier machines. If there are any other buyers of used FlexiJets in this forum not willing to pay All American $2k per year to join the club that already have an open means to exchange information or are interested in putting one together for sharing ideas, tips, tricks etc. with others please let me know.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hi accents :)

Are you currently a flexi user? I know there are quite a few flexi users here, also there is another forum that are mostly flexi users at dtginks.com. So between here and dtginks.com you should be able to get alot of help :) Hope this helps some. Is there anything in particular that you are having a problem with that we might be able to help with?

Reactions: Uncle John

·
Registered
344 Posts
As far as I know there is no additional documentation provided on current Flexi-jets from what we received with ours over two years ago- which was pretty much nothing after setting up the machine. Last I saw there was a still incomplete manual- and a users forum full of users input but not much tech support . In fact we were told over and over again that the manufacturer had no obligation to support the product, and that the forum was for user input only- so there isn't ( or wasn't anyway) much official information there. But you are right that it would cost the distributor nothing to give access to the forum to owners of used machines.

After another owner was refused access the Flexi forum he started the DTGInks.com forum for owners (only) of any brand ( or DIY) garment printing machines who want to join together in mutual support. It is a specialized forum devoted only to owners helping other owners in real daily struggles with printer operation and repair. In response to some manufacturers not supplying parts- at the requests of users he added a product line of parts and supplies- and finally, added inks at the beginning of this year.

If anyone needs help here- that is great also- and I am sure Flexi and other printer owners will be glad to contribute whatever help we can offer to any issue you are facing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The Flexi-Jet Users forum is dead. Everyone has moved over to dtginks.com and followed the folks that know the machine inside-out. Besides, if you have issues with your Flexi-Jet, and you are out of warranty, why on earth would you go to anyone else but Dan (dtginks.com)?

Eric :cool:

·
Registered
174 Posts
The business sense of some folks just amazes me.

I bought a used T-Jet. I did treat it like a major capital purchase and documented the purchase. I had no trouble getting access to the T-Jet users forum at USScreenPrint. I have used the phone support too. Zero money...

I have found that DTGINKS has no problems with my being a t jetter and a Mac user....
The advice found on that forum works well for all brands DTG printers.

That's just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Why don't you just build your own DTG or pay some on to build one for you. It might be cheaper. I've built them, maybe not got a brand name it but they work good.

Philip

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
FYI

We at Belquette the manufacturer of the Flexi-Jet have never refused to help anyone that has owned or has one of our products.

If the machine is out of warranty or 2nd hand there is always a way to help one out within reason.

Mark

PS:
Philip,
Fudging something together for your own use is one thing but passing it along to others comes with great responsibility and commitment.

If your going to take that commitment then forge ahead make a product build a company and then you may re-think your..
'It might be cheaper" statement.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Making a DTG printer isn't "fudging" What printer do you base you machine on? Since you don't make the actual printer your flexjet is based on is that fudging :)
The price someone pays for a machine has to be passed on to the person buying the products they print. There are lots of companies using a DTG printer they have made every day and it make then allot more cost competive.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Let me put it another way, reconfiguring or changing any product can be considered 'fudging' and a hobby, but making a commercial product is on a completely different level.
That was my point.

There are lots of companies using a DTG printer they have made every day and it make then allot more cost competive.
Success in this business is a direct reflection on your marketing skills having a solid machine that's reliable to make your products is very important.
Personally I do not know of any successful companies that spend their time 'fudging' the machines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark,
Good to hear that your position as the Mfg. is different than the distributors. I have purchased a used FlexiJet and at this point do not know what if any assistance I will need to get up and running. Although I haven't used a DTG I am reasonably competent with Photoshop and Corel Draw and own other Epson printers. I figured the best thing to do is to read through the forums and learn from others that have shared their experiences. I would not expect personalized assistance from the distributor when I haven't purchased anything from them. I would however expect access to FAQs, info on software updates machine tweaks, improvements, upgrades etc. My intent was to purchase a new heat press and a full ink set from them and to get plugged into the forum. When I contacted them I was told quote: “Please understand that if All American is not a part to the sale/purchase agreement you have made or be about to make, then All American is not obligated in any way to warrant your purchase or to provide technical support and or training to you. These services were part of the original sale and provided to the original owner of the Flexi-jet. Warranty, training and technical support are available from All American, but they are not free. A one year phone/email/webcam support contract is $2,000 per year.”
I had a subsequent communication from them that confirmed that access to the forum or any support would not be granted until I paid for the support contract.
On a positive note I am very encouraged from the responses to my original post from yourself, Mistewoods and others who seem more than willing to share for the benefit of all.
Thanks to you and all who have responded.

·
Banned
877 Posts
I am very encouraged from the responses to my original post from yourself, Mistewoods and others who seem more than willing to share for the benefit of all.
Help, Support, Information:
"All Free"
You are now validated, Enjoy ;)
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
105 Posts
FYI

We at Belquette the manufacturer of the Flexi-Jet have never refused to help anyone that has owned or has one of our products.

If the machine is out of warranty or 2nd hand there is always a way to help one out within reason.

Mark

PS:
Philip,
Fudging something together for your own use is one thing but passing it along to others comes with great responsibility and commitment.

If your going to take that commitment then forge ahead make a product build a company and then you may re-think your..
'It might be cheaper" statement.
Ok I have a dilemma. I can purchase a used flexi jet L from a printer reseller for around $8000 as is not sure if it works. $12,000 machine they say works but called me saying now has some error, or buy from All American supply a refurbed for $17000 includes the lifetime support. If buy the $8000 or $12,000 machine would need to pay $2000 a year for support, and possible the machine is inoperable now so would need to spend money to repair if is inoperable. Also the $8000 machine has no inks, or supplies. I used to repair copier machines for about 8 years and have skill to follow tech instuctions. But where can a person get support except from All American? Is there other companies selling the flexi jet that offers support? I mean it seems I could buy the $8000 machine but where will I get support to repair it if has a big problem without shipping it somewhere. Who would tell us how to use the machine?
Anyone have some ideas, we need a flexi and the first guy balked at last minute, the new guy now says has an error, we needed machine about 4 weeks ago. I know if I go to All American at least I will have a machine in next week, with support but at a large price.

·
Banned
877 Posts
Help, Support, Information:
"All Free"
Most of the time free repair also! ;)
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
344 Posts
Randy I own a Flexi and will be glad to assist you in any way. I'd buy as cheap as possible if it was me- and I really doubt you would need the support package since there are so many users and the DTGInks forum ( which is not a competitor for this forum- it is a "machine owners only" forum that deals only with dtg owners helping each other troubleshoot problems) that will help you out as well. For most things that might need to be repaired I doubt you'd spend over $1000. For that you'd have a fairly complete overhaul even if it needed a new print head and capping station and new dampers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks guys, I have tried to sign up for the DTG forum 2 days ago but cannot get in for some reason. Is there a trick to it? Tried to call DTGinks but get answering machine. Guess they are closed on sundays?
I will give the $12,000 guy one last try as I made a deal but if cannot deliver tomorrow I will have to move on to the $8000 guy even though the unknowns are more unclear. So where to get parts besides all american if have problem?

·
Banned
877 Posts
there are so many users and the DTGInks forum
which is not a competitor for this forum- it is a "machine owners only"
Tried to call DTGinks but get answering machine. Guess they are closed on sundays?
Closed Saturday's and Sundays (Shop but I still take calls for service on my cell phone ;))
Just my opinion, I would buy at the best price that you can get as anything can be fixed, at least by the right person :D

Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
105 Posts
I finally logged in, was using wrong username. But still wondering about where to get supplies. I will peek around the forum and see if there are answers there.

·
Banned
877 Posts
Look in my signature as I cannot post links on this froum :(
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

1 - 20 of 40 Posts