T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals first of I from what I have read so far these forums are awesome, being a noob to this it's nice to get good advice from season veterans.....

I am not a total newbie to cutting vinyl my friend (that I haven't seen in a really long time) has a vinyl cutter (not sure what kind) and years ago I helped him set it up. I also helped him get started using Flexi so I have a good grasp to whats going on.

I will be willing to spend $600 - $800 right now and I am thinking of a UScutter. I would like something in that price range that I can count on, since it's my first purchase I don't want to get the biggest and best I just wanna get my feet wet...kinda see what it's all about.

This is what I plan to do w/ it... Since I work full-time I would like to start a weekend / part-time sticker business. Cutting signs, Car/truck stickers, etc... just from mentioning it to a few friends and family I already have quite a bit of business lined up so I could possibly keep whatever cutter I decide on very busy so I am going to need something that will last.

I would like some feedback from you guys...I am open for anything, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got a UScutter (pcut) and if you are planning on only cutting stickers i dont think you need an optical eye. Once i switched form the USB port to a serial port I love my cutter. I mostly make mock up tees in vinyl to show people what a shirt would look like. But the machine has paid for itself by making car stickers. I made one for a friend and it spread like wildfire.

So if you are planning on cutting stickers and tee vinyl i think you are OK with a UScutter.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I agree the US cutter brand cutter will serve your purpose. I have heard great things about the copam and the refine series. These are both very durable cutters. ... JB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow thanks guys for the fast replies your opinions are worth way more than you know!

What would be the best place to order from I notice that Uscutterdirect.com has a "LaserPint 24" and a "Copam cp-2500" since I not up-to-date on all the bells and whistles Im not going to pretend to be so what would be the best one to go with. Also what website would be the best to order from?

I never even knew (until reading these forums) that people used vinyl cutters for t-shirt purposes. I doubt I will be doing the t-shirt thing probably just vinyl stickers for businesses/personal use.

Oh another thing how about the supplies such as the masking paper, vinyl, blades, etc etc what is a good site for supplies.

Thanks again guys!!

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Wow thanks guys for the fast replies your opinions are worth way more than you know!

What would be the best place to order from I notice that Uscutterdirect.com has a "LaserPint 24" and a "Copam cp-2500" since I not up-to-date on all the bells and whistles Im not going to pretend to be so what would be the best one to go with. Also what website would be the best to order from?

I never even knew (until reading these forums) that people used vinyl cutters for t-shirt purposes. I doubt I will be doing the t-shirt thing probably just vinyl stickers for businesses/personal use.

Oh another thing how about the supplies such as the masking paper, vinyl, blades, etc etc what is a good site for supplies.

Thanks again guys!!
I use fellers for my vinyl accessories for things other than garmets. .. JB

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use fellers for my vinyl accessories for things other than garmets. .. JB
Could I get an exact website for fellers and some other sites that you guys use for "sticker" vinyl and such. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just some more questions about how long do the blades last, I know it depends on how much it's used, lets say using the machine daily. Also will FlexiSign Pro v8 work with the Copam? TIA

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Blades last for awhile, when get dull you just increase pressure on it.
I would say it will last like; 3weeks to a month
I got like a flatbed vinyl utter on one on printer ah its hand little thing to have.
Umm Flexi should run it but I would check on Flexi signs website to make sure

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just some more questions about how long do the blades last, I know it depends on how much it's used, lets say using the machine daily. Also will FlexiSign Pro v8 work with the Copam? TIA

Uscutter just started offering the flexi products from what I saw the other day only the copam is up and running now, with plans for the laserpoint, which I have so I'm out of luck. Good luck I've had one for 8 months with no problems other than the usual learning curve.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again guys for the tips I have re-installed Flexi 8 and SignLab 7 been playing around with both a bit. Mid October I will order the Uscutters Copam I will let you guys know how it goes. I use Photoshop a good but Flexi and Signlab seem a little different, I guess I need the actual cutter before I can see exactly how it's gonna turn out....Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts