T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yiwu of Zhejiang is a crazy place to be in. Things are cheaper than the main cities and you can find things though in a smaller scale compared to Guangzhou. Chinese sellers are very quick to pass on the buck back to their buyers, any increase in price will them do likewise within weeks.

I really do not like to discourage you but china market is not exactly the place for you to launch your designs. You know in spite of their increasing spending habits, they rather go for estb brands.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If its a piece, I would say that you can try. For big quantity, it might not be that worth it. I used to have a contact it Thailand who does a 100 pcs at 1-1.50 GBP each.

Have you checked out Yiwu?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I figure Yiwu is several provinces away so too hard to ship manage product supply. My eariler quote for manufactured products was wrong. I'ts actually from $3.5-5USD for a plastisol design with a 20x20cm print. You act mainly as a distributor of t-shirts rather then making your own designs and selling them to the population? It seems like the key in China now is to give the impression of quality and an established brand rather then low cost. So selling t-shirts to the Chinese population could work, but it's a case of finding the right strategy. Thankfully my other half knows her marketing well and knows the Chinese market first-hand.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.