T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My name is Trisha (Queen). I am looking for a tshirt wholesaler. Looking for heavyweight 50/50 5.6oz, crew neck sizes L - XXXXL.
Here is the kicker: I want to start negotiating at $.75 a shirt. can anyone offer advice? I am a buyer for a new urban clothing line / entertainment company, that will buy a significant amount of pieces if the price is right. HELP

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Contact India or Mexico and find an importer. That is an unbelievable low price. Remember the people your buying from have to make a profit. I think Greg is right maybe 10,000 pieces. Again, What's significant?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
A 4XL for $0.75? Woo, I haven't laughed so hard all week, thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looking at my numbers, I think it is possible to get 0.77/shirt. However, you may be able to get only White in sizes from small to XL. Also these would be regular size t-shirts. You wil have to buy directly from the manufacturer to get this kind of price.

The problem is cost of material. Material cost money. The labor is cheap. Larger t-shirts use lot more material and cost lot more. You also have to consider shipping charges from overseas, heavy USA import duty and the custom cost.

When you add up all these costs, you may find that Hanes and Fruit of the Loom might be able to beat your total cost. In addition you will have lot less risk.

Your another alternative is to find a shipment that has arrived in USA, but an importer in USA for some reason has decided not to accept it. The overseas exporter may have already received some advance and willing to dump the shipment quickly as he has to pay dock/demarage charges for every day the shipment is sitting on the dock. One possible way to find out about these shipments, is to get to know the manufacturers overseas and let them know you would be interested in their shipments, just in case they face this tragedy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts