T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to use paypal for my commerce solution for now. I didn't want the cheesy paypal 'Add to Cart' and 'View Cart' buttons so I'm trying to make my own. I just can't come up with anything I'm happy with.

Can someone offer me some suggestions?

Here's what I have now. Do they fit with the feel of the site?

http://www.timbuktees.com/lackawaxen_pennsylvania.htm

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yes very well. Instead of that flashing hand make the add to cart button orange like your menu.

Edit: or yellow/greeny :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Can't stand the flashing. What I meant was to make the add to cart stand out - as you want to push people to click that button - i.e. why I thought you had the flashing to begin with.

They do look pretty sexy though. I would have them side by side without the flashing hand :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Phillip,

The blinking finger is kind of annoying to me. Don't get me wrong, it looks very cool and does the job at drawing attention to the add to cart sign.....but I liked your first button. The simple, yet effective flashing "add to cart". It was more subtle, but still got your attention. The finger, just makes me want to minimize lol.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, OK I get the hint. geez...:)

Changes made. Sorry, Jon, still have some flashing. If it's still annoying, let me know.

Also, whatcha think about my new navigation buttons?

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I like them. I like the shirt mockup as well. The flashing (as it looks now), just barely catches your eye and makes you look at the add to cart button, but isn't too "Las Vegasy" to throw off your "home town" feel.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like that one much better Phillip. What do you think about adding a background to it too (a hybrid of these last 2 designs)? Seems like its missing something, like that area lost a certain amount of real estate.

Just my 2c

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
The cart buttons look decent, but the flashing is a bit annoying.

Also, the background colour of the button doesn't (quite) match the background colour of the page they're on.

The flash and the colour mismatch add up to being quite distracting for me.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Solmu said:
The cart buttons look decent, but the flashing is a bit annoying.

Also, the background colour of the button doesn't (quite) match the background colour of the page they're on.

The flash and the colour mismatch add up to being quite distracting for me.
Where doesn't the color match?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
neato said:
Where doesn't the color match?
The background of the buttons (i.e. cart.gif and viewcart.gif) is not the same colour as the field they are on (i.e. the lighter brown frame with the text, picture, add to cart buttons, etc.). The difference is subtle, so it's probably not visible on all monitors.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Okay, I wasn't so sure that description was clear, so here's a diagram.

The background of the buttons, labelled A, is not the same colour as the background labelled B (I'm assuming it's meant to be since it's close).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
monkeylantern said:
I can see it on my LCD, but not my CRT.
Yeah, I thought that would probably be the case.

LCDs and TFTs have a much better colour response at the light end of the spectrum (though not always at the dark end).

I'm guessing a significant number of customers these days will have moved on from CRT, though as far as I know there's no way to check for that in the browser stats (as you can for screen res, etc.).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts