T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Concerning business plans, has anyone produced one (or saw the need for one) to assist in selling and marketing t-shirts? If so, how detailed was it? If not, why not? Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Most UK banks and finance institutes insist on seeing one no matter how small your plans are.
I went to great lengths preparing a 33 page business plan when I first saw the bank for finance help. They said it was the best plan they'd ever seen....and then refused the money!
If you need one for a bank, they often provide a skeleton document that you can basically follow, they will give headings and example forecasts etc.
I was always told, don't be too generous or tight with your forecasts. Mine showed a somewhat conservative but healthy profit over 3 yrs, the bank said I should make the figures more realistic as they thought I'd turnover more....I inflated the figures slightly, they then said that I would be doing so well I wouldn't need there money!
Always be weary of the banks! Best of luck if you decide on a plan.
I agree completely with Twinges' comments, it helps you sort your thoughts. it really made things clear for me, identified a few areas I'd not thought about and increased my motivation no end.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've been listening to MP3's about managing your time better and ending procrastination. It says to write down goals, plans, and things you need to do. It says to break big jobs down into smaller steps and write those down. It says to do the most important things first and keep working on just one thing at a time until it's done. It says the most successful people do these things all the time.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Though, to be fair, what works well for one person in these areas may not for another. Certainly there are sucessful people who are extremely disorganized and don't set goals well or anything =)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am currently working on a business plan for my t-shirt website...it provides as a great way to focus on things and organize your thoughts.

Bougie said:
I've been listening to MP3's about managing your time better and ending procrastination. It says to write down goals, plans, and things you need to do. It says to break big jobs down into smaller steps and write those down. It says to do the most important things first and keep working on just one thing at a time until it's done. It says the most successful people do these things all the time.
I have a list of some short term and some long term goals on the wall right infront of my desk, so everytime I look up I know what I am striving for...it's helped me keep focused a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts