T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My screen printer will be ordering my shirts, printing them and charging me one fee. I will then be taking the shirts and selling online and to local, independent clothing boutiques.

So, do I need a business license or simply a resell permit?
Also, I previously owned a business that was not clothing-related, and closed that business a little over a year ago. Is that EIN now null?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
28 Posts
I am in California, a resell permit is required and is free from the State and no deposit is required if you will have a small sales amount per month. Even if you sell an item that you paid tax on yourself, you still have to collect sales tax for what you are selling. Keep good records a submit your sales tax collected to the state website, you will do this quarterly, monthly or once a year depending on your personal sales... The business license depends on your local government, I went awhile before getting my city business license because I didn't think it applied to me until I went into the city hall to inquire. I needed one after I explained my situation and also had additional fees for home based business and had to carry paperwork over to the planning department... It was interesting easy process and they didn't charge me any late fees or penalties for doing business without a license, which could have been pretty steep if they did... You are better off getting your ducks in a row rather then getting hit later....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.