T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been screen printing since Jan. 08'... today I burned my first screens!!!!!
I've always had small orders (40 or less) so I just cut the design in cheap vinyl ( do vinyl designs and graphics) and stuck it to the screen, no exposing, no emultion, just cut vinyl. It works good for simple designs and only on, two or three colors or so.
Well, I got around to making a drying cabinet a couple of days ago, mixed up some emultion and scoop coated 8 screens...I figured I'd mess a few up. I got an order for 250 shirts, made the films, got out my pvc stand w/ 500w halogen bulb.... 12.5 min. later I had some perfectly exposed screens!!!! I had no idea it would be that easy!!!
7 hours later I finished the shirt order, one color, two sides.
For anyone who hasn't taken the screen burning jump.... do it, it's easy!!! Now on to some four color designs!!!:)

Larry C

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Faster than using cut vinyl? I thought you had to led dry for a day and then burn the image and then wash it out and then work on reclaiming the screen?I don't do screen printing yet but I do have aspirations of doing that someday.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I've been screen printing since Jan. 08'... today I burned my first screens!!!!!
I've always had small orders (40 or less) so I just cut the design in cheap vinyl ( do vinyl designs and graphics) and stuck it to the screen, no exposing, no emultion, just cut vinyl. It works good for simple designs and only on, two or three colors or so.
Well, I got around to making a drying cabinet a couple of days ago, mixed up some emultion and scoop coated 8 screens...I figured I'd mess a few up. I got an order for 250 shirts, made the films, got out my pvc stand w/ 500w halogen bulb.... 12.5 min. later I had some perfectly exposed screens!!!! I had no idea it would be that easy!!!
7 hours later I finished the shirt order, one color, two sides.
For anyone who hasn't taken the screen burning jump.... do it, it's easy!!! Now on to some four color designs!!!:)

Larry C
Congratulations! I can't wait to finish building my screen press. Jeeezzz:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
congrats... it's fun isn't it...? after 4 or 5k screens you will wan't to hire someone to coat and expose your screens...and reclaim... lol...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 1 station 4 color press from rayonet.

It is quicker to burn the screens once you have already scoop coated them...also I can get MUCH greater detail now, and can use the screens for longer runs. For this run I'm actually saving the screen as is (they are only $20 per screen)... it is a generic image for the back of the shirt, and I can personalize the front pocket area for each customer. I ganged six designs today and am making sample packages for six local businesses with this design.

Larry C

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats!!! I remember when I first did mine..ahhhhh memories.. I started doing the vinyl trick for awhile too.. that was actually easier for me sometime when the image was bold or simple lettering,,, But when I first started I use to draw it on to a paper then cut out the drawing (stencil) now that was brutal!!!! LOL Im glad I dont do that any more.. But it was all worth it! Congrats

1 - 8 of 8 Posts