T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever applied inkjet , laserjet, or plastisol transfers to burlap via heat press? Is it even possible? I know most burlap manufacturers print by using some sort of plate but i'm looking for a solution I can do in house in small quantities.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
I have only screenprinted burlap and it was a PITA. Plastisol transfers would probably be easier but slower than screenprinting. What is the application?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm just looking to add some character to drawstring shoe bags
You can press the burlap.
If you are not getting a good release, try misting the material with water from a sprayer right before you press. This can help the heat transfer penetrate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any suggestions on type of transfer? Plastisol or Inkjet? Have you done it before? If so, what temp & length of time? I realize I need to experiment myself, I just want to start with somewhat of an idea.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Any suggestions on type of transfer? Plastisol or Inkjet? Have you done it before? If so, what temp & length of time? I realize I need to experiment myself, I just want to start with somewhat of an idea.
My experience and suggestion was related to inkjet and laser transfer. Follow standard temp and time for your brand of transfer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can press the burlap.
If you are not getting a good release, try misting the material with water from a sprayer right before you press. This can help the heat transfer penetrate.
Thanks for that info, it's amazing that this thread was posted as I JUST purchased some burlap fabric, and was interested in pressing on it, but wasn't sure if it was possible with a heat press. Now when you say mist the fabric...this is while the transfer is on top? Or prior to placing the transfer image sheet??

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for that info, it's amazing that this thread was posted as I JUST purchased some burlap fabric, and was interested in pressing on it, but wasn't sure if it was possible with a heat press. Now when you say mist the fabric...this is while the transfer is on top? Or prior to placing the transfer image sheet??
Prior to placing the transfer on the material.

Reactions: Source

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Tasha can you take some pics so every one can see what they look like please!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tasha can you take some pics so every one can see what they look like please!
no problem. ok I did two tests, one on canvas material (specifically duck cloth) and the other on burlap. I noticed on the burlap material once it was pressed the material almost "meshed" together :confused: Perhaps too much heat?? Hopefully you can get a good idea of what I am talking about in the photos. Sorry the quality of the pics aren't the best :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
for the type of material I think the look good for using transfer paper on them.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Tasha could you let us know what type of transfer paper it was thanks.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ok thanks I am going to get some canvas and try it .

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
very nice you just give me an Idea thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts