T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these things worth puchasing? If so, does anyone know a good place to order them from. (i will order the ink from TLM supply). Or am i better off just ordering the cartridges?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Probably have better luck finding more info on that in the HTFDP yahoo board again... I would suggest that you just use the cartidges until you get everything started and shirts starting to sell, though. Bulk Ink can be a hassle to set up and has another inital expense that some new businesses may not be able to afford before earning some money first.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to bring up old threads but what about some ebay bulk ink systems?? I've seen some empty ones for the C86 for about $50 then add $70 for Magic Mix inks.

$120 for the setup aint to bad IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
CJK440 said:
Sorry to bring up old threads but what about some ebay bulk ink systems?? I've seen some empty ones for the C86 for about $50 then add $70 for Magic Mix inks.

$120 for the setup aint to bad IMHO.
120 is too much. what a rip off.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Why's that? Ink carts are the real rip off; a bulk system will pay for itself pretty quickly if you're doing any decent quantity of shirts. (Of course, I'm still using the carts myself, because I am _not_ doing that many shirts yet.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thats $120 for a bulk setup with 4 oz of magic mix ink in C,M,Y & Black.

What does a typical cartridge hold oz wise??

·
Registered
3 Posts
because in where i live, i can get empty bulk ink system for around $20-30. and for the pigmented inks, just around $10 for 100ml for 1 color.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered mine from Cindy at the TLM supply house, it was a great investment, tuff at first, but Cindy was a big help, now i'm off and running.

·
Registered
20 Posts
do not use a CIS with an epson printer!!! it will work fine for a while.... for a while.

in the last 5 years... i have gone through 6 epson printes trying to find one that works well CONTINUOUSLY with a CIS....a 2200... two 1280's... two r280s... and now my six month old 1400.

between myself, my epson repairman, and my CIS & ink vendor... we have pretty much figured out that it's a motherboard issue... a failsafe built in to prevent the use of a CIS....

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
hate to disagree with xtees...but see my post in another thread...in 8 years...have used all of Epson desktop printers, C80 series..`1280, 1400 and never a problem...I have used CIS in ALL of them..outside of an occasion clog with the c80s and 1280...never a problem...1400 with CIS had one clog in 14 months or so...

I do not buy CIS from anyone but a known vendor...who supports me..never from ebay

some had good luck with ebay but you cannot be sure of the source of product

1 - 12 of 12 Posts