T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the search for a bulk pigment system for my r1800 has become more tedious than i expected.... for one, does the actual SYSTEM matter, or is the ink the important thing??
Some systems do NOT clean the printer head and charge the ink before every use (ebay)... would that make it a subpar product or is that the norm??
Would it be wiser to buy an empty system and get your own ink??
How much is too much to spend for it??
Do you know of any brick and mortars that would carry these items??
Basically, can anyone tell me what is ESSENTIAL to buying a bulk ink system, and what is just fluff thats not necessary/important?

*phew* OK i think thats everything... Sorry for the ramble, and again Any Responses Are Appreciated!

Thanks!

International

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link Terry.... Do you know what the difference would be between this one and something on ebay for like 120 bucks? Also is 100 dollars a reasonable amount for 800 ml of pigment ink? And if i wanted to do regular printing (brochures, flyers, etc...) how easy is it to swap the inks out or do i need to swap em at all?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
As I have yet to purchase a bulk ink sys, I'm not the best one to answer this question. Other than dealing directly with a supplier, the options on ebay are at your own risk. I would rather purchase something that has customer support in case you need it, and a warranty too. Do a yahoo or google search for bulk ink systems, you will find a wide range of options to consider. Please remember, it's best to make the decisions to buy or not to buy on the merits of service rather than any advice I might give.

As far as switching inks, I do not think you would need to change inks to do regular printing. At leaset I would see no reason for it.

Good luck with your search. If you do purchase a bulk ink sys. please let us know how it works for you.

Terry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts