T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the air holes in the bulk ink carts supposed to be unplugged at all times? I currently have water/glycerine mix in the bulks on my white side because I was waiting for white to come in. The nozzles are clear which I have confirmed with a waterfall, but for some reason I can't get a good nozzle check. I can see the "water nozzle check" real quick before the water evaporates, and it is always sketchy and scattered. I am wondering if my air holes being unplugged is the reason, but I was under the assumption they are supposed to remain unplugged unless that is just during a power clean or something.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
hmmm...i never knew that's what they were for! they are still in the plastic bag that they came in. :)

the large holes i leave plugged, but the small holes are left open. this has nothing to do with your nozzle check. my guess is that the thickness of the glycerin is what is causing the scattered spray; not positive, but just a guess.

i'm well over 1 1/2 years on using bulk carts, and i've had ZERO issues with it. i abandoned using bulk carts on the white side after about 5 or 6 weeks, but it was due to the difficulty of getting the sediment off the bottom of the cart. i never had any print issues. my printer basically sat for about 2 or 3 weeks right after Christmas, and all it did was the auto-maintenance every 12 hours. i maintained perfect nozzle checks the entire time, and also no problems once i resumed printing. i took white ink out right before Christmas, and haven't needed it since, but will add it back in next week. it's really quite amazing how easy these printers are to maintain when it's just cmyk! :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree Sean, I did not have to keep up on much maintenance and my auto cleanings were actually shut off for a month or two. I only ran them once a day or something .. sometimes not at all. Never had a clogged nozzle that wasn't easy to bring back. White is the pain.. but I am happy to be putting it back in so I can get my wickedsicktees.com site stocked with much more stuff and start promoting it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.