T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a display to put transfers on. When I go to an event the customer will be able to look at the transfers, pick one out, then tell me what shirt they want it on.

So I've been thinking. I need something light and portable. This is what I came up with.

I bought a 4x8 2" thick sheet of foam from a lumber store.
I cut it in half to make 2 4x4 pieces.
I cut a slot in each one 2' long 2" wide.
They slide together to form an "x".
We used spray adhesive to cover them in dark blue cloth. About $6 from Walmart.
We're going to let the glue dry tonight. We'll cut the slots in the fabric in the morning and see how it looks put together.

It will be light, self-standing, and portable. Just slide the two apart and they will lay flat in the truck.

I'll apply the transers to the pellons I bought. They will be Velcroed to the display so I can change them if needed.

Here's a few pics so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Dennis, thanks for sharing pictures. That's great you're handy! Looks nice, light, flexible and portable.

Cheers, Susan

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Definitely a nice job on the display stands. Looks as good of quality as some of the "pro" stands I saw at the recent tradeshow.

I wish I was handy with the tools like that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments!

It weighs 12lbs with all the transfers on it.

I've less than $40 in it, not including transfers.

Rodney, as for tools, all I used was
carpenters knife (even a kitchen knife would work)
tape measure to center my cuts
pencil
3' level,for a straight edge, it was the perfect size to trace for the slots.
scissors to cut the fabric

An easier way to do it would be to make an A frame out of it. You could just cut one sheet into 4x4's and somehow hinge them together or if you had the room just use 2 4x8 sheets.

You can use pins to attach shirts or examples to it.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
I'm debating going to the ASR tradeshow (exhibiting). If I go, I'm going to need some type of display.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Rodney said:
I'm debating going to the ASR tradeshow (exhibiting). If I go, I'm going to need some type of display.
Rodney, if you go I would find out whether or not you are up against a wall or out in open space early on. This could weigh heavily on how you plan on building your booth for the show.

I would say the only downfall for our booth display that is shown above is that it is somewhat heavy and the only real way to get it to a tradeshow far away is to drive it there. If you are within driving distance of San Diego I would give our setup a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts