T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 60 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I have a more convenient way of cleaning heads. After printing, remove the white cartridge and insert the cartridge with cleaning fluid 2 to 3 times I clean the head and the head is clean. Perfectly simple.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The diagram provided is a general diagram and would not be exact for printer connection. The printer encoder provide pulses at 3.3v and can be tapped off the relay board or directly off the encoder board. Most use the relay board. These boards can be damaged very easily you must take precaution while working with them. If you're not savvy with electronics find someone to help you out.

The arduino board input and output posts are on opposite sides of the board do not be confused by the numbering on the diagram.
What you think use the relay board. You mine epson relay board.
On the Epson encoder I measured 5V pulse. These pulse I have connected to the Arduino. I did not modify epson relay boards. Everything is original. Interrupted only enabled funcion for driver stepper motor.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
White ink needs pretreatment on the shirt. Otherwise it is absorbed into the fabric. This is what is happening to your prints.

There is a resolute distribuitor in Slovenia:

Barve za DTG tiskalnike
Hmm is really white ink cost 200€. Here in Slovenia us having such a price. In China, I bought it for 90€.
What about in Italy or Austria anyone buy there dtg ink.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hmm is really white ink cost 200€. Here in Slovenia us having such a price. In China, I bought it for 90€.
What about in Italy or Austria anyone buy there dtg ink.
Hello Friend: please test this provider, in korea ITINK

you can buy from 250ml to test and it is very cheap, a liter of white ink is usd $ 110, 250ml is $ 27.50 usd. liter of pretreatment is usd $ 18.00

and I tried it and the result has surprised me, is very similar to the ink dupont

please contact to gabriel [email protected]

this is my machine printing with itink ink

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEF5C9-n4k0[/media]

i am from mexico.

regards.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thank you, stepper motor is pretty loud. Next year I'll make the drive table with servo motor.
Did you write the code from scratch? If so it means you know C programming. You can modify the code to run a dc motor using an L298 driver and save the money on the servo motor. I'm thinking that dc motors are used in these printers because of cost and smooth operation. A high torque brushless 18 volt motor like what is used in power tools would be more than adequate.

Just a taught

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
You can use a stepper motor or servo motor. DC motor needs a encoder and complications here. Servo motor driver is used to connect the encoder. The stepper motor does not need the encoder. Why would complicate if my Arduino working on the stepper or a servo motor. If you have the money to use servo motor, and if you do not use a stepper motor.:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I googled your code and see you spend a few months fighting with it. I used to code C many year a go. I don't even keep compilers and such any more.

I compiled your code online and got "fatal error: delay.h: No such file or directory" .:eek: Just decided to play a bit with it to knock some of the dust and cobweb off the old brain.

Are you contemplating adding more features like hard limit stop etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I googled your code and see you spend a few months fighting with it. I used to code C many year a go. I don't even keep compilers and such any more.

I compiled your code online and got "fatal error: delay.h: No such file or directory" .:eek: Just decided to play a bit with it to knock some of the dust and cobweb off the old brain.

Are you contemplating adding more features like hard limit stop etc.
If use arduino mini must write delay.h
If use due remove delay.h:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Miki good to see you finally managed to solve the white ink problem.

Just a few question if you have time to answer.
I would like to try and build the bottom plate just like you by using a stepper motor, so I'm asking for the needed parts:

1 piece - arduino (uno, mini etc)
1 piece - easyDriver ic A3967
1 piece - stepper motor 4A
1 piece - external DC power source 24V
- wires

Did I miss anything ?

Also the code you provided does it need any tweeks or if works perfectly for the R1900?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hey Miki good to see you finally managed to solve the white ink problem.

Just a few question if you have time to answer.
I would like to try and build the bottom plate just like you by using a stepper motor, so I'm asking for the needed parts:

1 piece - arduino (uno, mini etc)
1 piece - easyDriver ic A3967
1 piece - stepper motor 4A
1 piece - external DC power source 24V
- wires

Did I miss anything ?

Also the code you provided does it need any tweeks or if works perfectly for the R1900?
Better to work with Stepper motor driver
2M542 4.2A Controller Router, 36V 350W dc power supply, Nema 23 3A.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Better to work with Stepper motor driver
2M542 4.2A Controller Router, 36V 350W dc power supply, Nema 23 3A.
The amperage is more important than the voltage. Besides it all depends on the amount of torque needed to move your platen or printer. I would use what I have then try something else if it fails.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
You can get this board for under ten buck on ebay (TB6560 3A driver board). This way your 24v supply will work fine and it has switches for micro steps.
i tested work but after 1 hour of operation driver board is very heat, it is necessary to cool.

41 - 60 of 188 Posts