T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use oracal 651 and r tape and on my bigger decals I always have bubbles. What am I doing wrong? Is it the vinyl? Transfer tape? Or installation?

·
Registered
17 Posts
We use a laminator to put on the tape and then to place on the material it works awesome. I haven't tried it yet but the guys do a perfect job everytime. So it's multi functional!

·
Registered
911 Posts
I LIKE TO USE THE BLUE SQUUEGES(HARDER PLASTIC) and it takes practice to keep the bubs out. A wet installation will help alot...but then you'll have to wait while it dries.
R-Tape is the clear plastic transfer tape right? I often have bubbles from that stuff so i just use the paper transfertape, its my preference anyway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just use a regular squeegee. R tape is paper transfer not clear, at least mine's like that. Yes the actual vinyl is bubbled no pic sorry. When I have it cut out it looks nice but after installation there are tons of bubbles.

·
Registered
911 Posts
sounds like your technique, i would squeegeie slow at a steep angle, took me awhile to figure it out and still mess up when i hurry.
And definitely make sure the squeeges are new/straight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts