T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to screen printing, I recently made some shirts of outlined text. The outline overlapped the solid middle of the text, I put down the fill color first and flashed it, then the outline and flashed it again. When I Cured the print It bubbled on some of the shirts where the two colors overlapped. Did I bake it to long? Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Sounds like you might have flashed the ink (1st color) way too long.
Possible too much heat in the dryer as well.

When flashing all you want to do is gell the top layer of the ink NOT cure it.
It will be slightly tacky to the touch.

You should be able to load a shirt, print and turn the pallette under the flash, load the next shirt, print and turn. this should be ample amount of time for flashing. Depending on your flash and the color being flashed but in general should be pretty close.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have had problems with some black shirts with white ink that have not felt smooth, using Union low bleed and stretch ink diluted and several passes with quick flashing have helped. But I still wish I knew the best way to get a silky smooth white on a black t-shirt that don't feel rough. Yes, we have played with both the flash and heater but I have felt much smoother shirts and like to find out if, it is the ink or any other technique. Every time I see someone with a black t-shirt I'm there feeling the surface to check. Usually ok with guys but girls have sometimes felt intimidated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts