T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
24" letters, 30' long sign. Just spent most of the day popping bubbles on one. Have 2 more to do. Have just watched the videos from Sign Warehouse on UTube. Good but don't deal with anything that big. Would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
24" letters, 30' long sign. Just spent most of the day popping bubbles on one. Have 2 more to do. Have just watched the videos from Sign Warehouse on UTube. Good but don't deal with anything that big. Would appreciate any suggestions.
I've never done a sign that long yet, but I'll try to help, what is the substrate your applying the vinyl to and how are you applying it? (in sections or one 30' piece) what size squeegee are you using and are you doing this by yourself or do you have help.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Painted metal, 30" x 30'. I tried doing one long piece. Probably need to hinge it at the top and do one or two letters at a time. I only have a 4" squegee. I will try the wet bit. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definitely try to break it up into shorter segments, maybe 36" at a time applying from top to bottom or vice versa. I've found if you can't hold it up without the length staying straight and maintaining an arc down to the tacked side, it's too long. You can try using a piece of rigid material (stiff cardboard or a long ruler) to hold unruly pieces up if you're having trouble.
Regarding wet application, try Rapid Tac, it's a specialty application fluid. Make sure to use a fine mist though; if it's too wet you'll have issues.

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One 30' section Friday, about 9 hours. This morning the other 2 in about 4 hours. Approx. 4' segments, wet (water with dawn & alcohol). Will get mounted Monday and post a pic. Thanks to those who responded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts