T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Being new to the heat press, I'm having some issues when pressing the double numbers or numbers that have an outline. When I lay the second number down, it has bubbles when finished pressing. This is on a polyester shirt, so my heat is at 300 degrees & pressing for 15 second. How do I eliminate this??

Any help in fixing this issue is greatly appreciated. Also, any way to get rid of the bubbles that are there now ??
THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JoshEllsworth said:
What kind of material are you using? Heat transfer vinyl, I assume??? If so, what kind?
I'm using Vin-Flex for the numbers. Thanks for your time & help

·
Registered
605 Posts
I had a similar issue with my transfer paper. However, instead of bubbles, I was getting "dimples" in the transfer. Turns out - I think my Teflon paper was the culprit.
So I repressed with another type of sheet that they use for rhinestones..and the dimples went away.

Try different overlay papers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ken Styles said:
I had a similar issue with my transfer paper. However, instead of bubbles, I was getting "dimples" in the transfer. Turns out - I think my Teflon paper was the culprit.
So I repressed with another type of sheet that they use for rhinestones..and the dimples went away.

Try different overlay papers
Thanks...I'll try a different sheet. Does the time & temp. sound about right ??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just thought I'd update those interested.

Used a different or new sheet of teflon
Temp = 335
Press first or outline number for 6 seconds
Press second or top number for 11 seconds

Numbers came out nice without the bubbles & dimples that I had experienced previously.

Thanks to everyone for replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts