T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have the six color eight station model here in our shop. The good thing is that it is totally electric, which means no air compressor or chiller. And it has a sound system built in that you can plug an mp3 player up to. The batching system is nice as well.

The bad. When they were setting up our press we asked about a user manual, and they told us to just call them if we had any questions. I prefer to have a manual.
And on our model the index motor broke around the mount that bolts it to the machine. We call them and they sent us a new one. Great. Well a couple weeks later it breaks again in the same spot. We called them this time, no answer...from anyone. We left a message. This was back during the week of thanksgiving, and we still haven't got a call back. Currently we are holding the motor in place with tie down straps used for moving. We continue to have problems with the screws that hold the squeegees in place backing out, causing the it to come out of the print head. Not good when your running a process job that needs every stroke to be perfect.

So if I were to do it again, knowing what I know now, I would opt for the M&R diamondback or the Javelin from Workhorse.

Hope that helps.
Mike

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mike, when was the last time you called them? I wouldn't stop calling till they fixed the problem, that's some pretty bad service. I've seen them at shows and I would opt for an anatol mini horizon over any other entry level machine. Personally, I wouldn't like any entry level machine after running a press with more features than it's competition, but the anatol has more features for an entry level than the others.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, I absolutely agree about the anatol having more features for the money. It's a great machine. We looked at them at the SGIA show in atlanta. The main reason we chose not to go with that press was the smaller print area. Great machine though.

I believe that we have tried contacting them since then with the same results. It's funny that It actually has been running fairly smoothly since we started using the tie down straps. But now that you got me thinking about and my feathers are ruffled again, I will be calling today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have owned a 6 color auto of Brown's for a few years now...here's my experience with them. For starters, when they initially came out to set up the press (as I had absolutely zero experience in the industry and didn't have a clue of the right questions to ask - including how critical it is to have every item on the press perfectly level), Steve proceeded to give my shop a lesson on screenprinting....everything SEEMED to be ok (at least for jobs that didn't need an underbase or tight registration)...however as time went on and business picked up we found ourselves running jobs requiring bases and the occasional process job. So in a nutshell here are my issues: the press absolutely won't hold registration, the squeege pressure works its way up and down throughout the job, nuts and bolts are constantly falling off stuff (in the middle of a run), there's no documentation anywhere about this equipment, and my guess is now that I'm mentioning this on a forum, they will never want to speak to my company regarding an issue. I have had multiple conversations with the owner and his employees - and was even told I had a first generation machine and he would love to trade me for a newer one......??? What??? My recommendation is this - Brown has ALWAYS been pleasant to talk to - but if you want a press that is reliable, consistent, and will work for years with little to no issues - look somewhere else - and make sure you have a local tech that can help you make adjustments with these sorts of issues.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I dont have a brown auto but someday wish too. Maybe it is different for me since I am local for them but Brown has been great to me. Andrew from brown even came out to my house to help me sort out my issues I had with a brown press. I didnt even buy the press from them but he came out and addressed my issues and got me the peices to make everything work. Like I said if I had the money I would have a brown auto.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have owned a 6 color auto of Brown's for a few years now...here's my experience with them. For starters, when they initially came out to set up the press (as I had absolutely zero experience in the industry and didn't have a clue of the right questions to ask - including how critical it is to have every item on the press perfectly level), Steve proceeded to give my shop a lesson on screenprinting....everything SEEMED to be ok (at least for jobs that didn't need an underbase or tight registration)...however as time went on and business picked up we found ourselves running jobs requiring bases and the occasional process job. So in a nutshell here are my issues: the press absolutely won't hold registration, the squeege pressure works its way up and down throughout the job, nuts and bolts are constantly falling off stuff (in the middle of a run), there's no documentation anywhere about this equipment, and my guess is now that I'm mentioning this on a forum, they will never want to speak to my company regarding an issue. I have had multiple conversations with the owner and his employees - and was even told I had a first generation machine and he would love to trade me for a newer one......??? What??? My recommendation is this - Brown has ALWAYS been pleasant to talk to - but if you want a press that is reliable, consistent, and will work for years with little to no issues - look somewhere else - and make sure you have a local tech that can help you make adjustments with these sorts of issues.
We are unaware of any problems with this machine. Customer service is a high priority for Brown. Please contact our service department to resolve any issues you may have.
616-249-0200

·
Banned
102 Posts
I made this YouTube video to help folks just like yourself ... hope it is helpful ...

Proper Installation - Automatic Screen Printing Machine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mike, when was the last time you called them? I wouldn't stop calling till they fixed the problem, that's some pretty bad service. I've seen them at shows and I would opt for an anatol mini horizon over any other entry level machine. Personally, I wouldn't like any entry level machine after running a press with more features than it's competition, but the anatol has more features for an entry level than the others.
Do you have a anatol there in round rock?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts