T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha and thanks for taking the time to read my post.
I am in serious need of some help and I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have a Brother PR1000 machine and lately my 10 needle machine seems to only want to work with 4 needles and the numbers are dropping too quickly. Whenever I stitch a patter using the #2,3,5,6,8,9,10 needles, my machine will stop stitching after a few stitches and the thread from the needle to the top of the Thread Guide Cover becomes very tight. I have to pull the thread out of the bottom area of the guide cover, and loosen it up a little, and then restart the stitching. This will normally only help for about 10 to 20 stitches before it does it again. When it first started, it was only the #3 needle, and then slowly but surely all the other needles started to have the same problem. I have attached two pictures in hopes of clarifying what I am asking. The only thing i can think of is on the left side of the machine, where the guide cover is supposed to attach to the machine, the two grooves on the inside of the cover are damaged and I am wondering if this is causing the cover to not sit perfectly and causing the thread to get snagged. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as well as if anyone knows where i could purchase a new Thread Guide Cover that would be great. Aloha and Mahalo for any assistance you all can provide.

Attachments

· Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help, I have messaged him. After looking at the machine closer, I am more convinced now that it does have something to do with the cover not sitting properly and the thread getting caught up somewhere inside. I dont think I will be able to solve this problem with out a new cover that will sit properly unless i can figure out a way to McGyver this cover to sit right and find the sweet spot. Aloha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.