T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve finally decided to purchase the GTX. But unlike most DTG owners I’m only planning to use the printer in CMYK mode only as I will only be printing on light t-shirts. I own a brother GT541, which I still love and I think is the best printer brother has produced so far the ink costs aside. And I own the GT381, but after initial trial with white ink I switched it over to CMYK only print mode and have been using it in that mode.

So with the new GTX, apparently you can’t simply remove the white print head. Instead you still have to be pumping cleaning solution through the printhead even though I don’t intend on using it.

Here’s my question: Is it financially more feasible to run cleaning solution through the printhead or should I bite the bullet and go with white ink and schultze pretreat.

The salesperson said that even with running cleaning solution I’d be wasting $200-$240 monthly, which I think how much roughly white ink waste is, isn’t it?

Your valuable insights are much appreciated.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
136 Posts
When you put the GTX on White Pause Mode you use the 700 cc maintenance solution pouches instead of the white ink that cost close to twice as much. There is also less than half the auto cleans so the maintenance solution pouches last a long time. You also also eliminate the manual cleaning for the white print head.

You'll also find that the GTX is twice as fast as the 541 with all true colors and the inks are less than half the price of the 541 inks. We save over $9000. on just inks alone every year per machine. Not bad when you figure that in to the price of a new GTX.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the valuable insight regarding the pros of using cleaning maintenance sloution. Yes the inks costs for the GTX make me envious as the owner of GT541.

I just got contacted by brother salesperson who said that by this summer Brother would release a firmware update that would allow GTX to operate in CMYK mode only. And essentially you’d be able to remove the white printhead and no more cleaning solution would be needed to run. Now that news made my day. I can’t wait for that.

· Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the valuable insight regarding the pros of using cleaning maintenance sloution. Yes the inks costs for the GTX make me envious as the owner of GT541.

I just got contacted by brother salesperson who said that by this summer Brother would release a firmware update that would allow GTX to operate in CMYK mode only. And essentially you’d be able to remove the white printhead and no more cleaning solution would be needed to run. Now that news made my day. I can’t wait for that.

Does this mean you only print with color, no white ink, no pretreat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.