T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just came in via email!
News Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Brother International Corporation Unveils New High-End Dual Platen Inkjet Garment Printer with Independently Operated Platens Capable of Producing High Volume Production Including Dark Garments.

The GT-782 is capable of printing 2 different designs on separate platens virtually simultaneously!

BRIDGEWATER, NJ – October 8th, 2008. Brother’s Industrial Products Division, a global leader in the industrial sewing market, announced they are going to show a sample machine of a new inkjet garment printer at the SGIA ’08 Show in Atlanta, GA on October 15-18, 2008. This machine will augment their growing line of industry-leading garment decorating equipment.

The Brother GT-782 is the perfect inkjet garment printer for high volume shops. Because of its unique ability to print multiple prints simultaneously, your production increases as a result of reduced cycle times and fast flexible downloading of new images.

Brother’s new garment printer, the GT-782, boasts the following powerful features:

· Independently controlled dual platen and dual print-head modules – two garments can be printed virtually simultaneously and independently – for maximum productivity and the potential for greater profitability for high volume decorators

· Brother’s genuine white ink and ink cartridge system provides superb output quality, and easy maintenance.

· Additional four Brother genuine industrial-grade print-heads provide industry top class printing speed for white ink applications

· Newly developed large sized ink cartridges enable to make more economical operations

· Succeeded current popular GT-541 print driver interface concept to maintain easy and extremely powerful user interface and output quality control

· With newly developed print driver software, no separate and costly RIP (raster image processor) is required. Extremely capable and flexible for operators to customize white ink print specific features

· Print driver software can directly interface most of the popular graphic application, such as Adobe Photoshop and CorelDraw for seamless white ink prints

· Succeeded the consistent and reliable GT-541 platform and additional white ink capabilities without sacrificing machine reliability and durability in an industrial environment

· Extra-large print area of 16” x 18”

"The introduction of the GT-782 is a perfect complement to the existing GT-541. The GT-782 is a “High Powered White Ink” production model, perfectly suited for high volume printers who require as much as 24-hour round-the-clock production. Whereas the GT-541, with its CMYK platform, continues to offer the small to medium-sized garment decorator the perfect means towards a profitable garment printing business producing light colored garments. Brother has made the distinction between the large volume printer and the small-to-medium sized garment decorators to address their specific production needs. Since white ink “digitally printed” poses challenges associated with small runs and/or infrequent use, the GT-541 is an ideal solution. This distinction we feel lends credibility to the products we are producing for this up and coming segment of the digital garment printing market” said Peter Holland, Senior Director and General Manager, Brother International Corporation.

For more information, call 1-800-432-3532. For a live demonstration, visit Brother at the SGIA ’08 Show at booth #161.

( to see info. on the currently available GT-541 - click here http://www.brother-usa.com/GarmentPrinters/ )

Brother offers a full line of industrial sewing and embroidery machines, software, accessories, parts (PAS Store) and training from the single head to multi-head models. The company is recognized for its high-quality, state-of-the-art machines and accessories – offering ease-of-use and flexibility at competitive prices.

About Brother International Corporation
Bridgewater, New Jersey, is the corporate headquarters for Brother in the Americas, (from Canada to South America) and has fully integrated sales, marketing services, manufacturing, and research and development capabilities located here in the U.S. In addition to its headquarters in New Jersey, Brother has facilities in California, Illinois, Massachusetts, and Tennessee as well as subsidiaries in California, Ohio, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Mexico and Argentina.

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
We had heard the white ink model would be shown either at SGIA or ISS Long Beach...So SGIA gets the first nod! I know that the 541 had been heavily discounted at a recent show and that the target price for the new Brother would be in the 30K neighborhood...Nice neighborhood !!

Any way it would appear that the GT 782 is really geared toward the heavy use operator. I base this on the following sentence from the release:
"Since white ink “digitally printed” poses challenges associated with small runs and/or infrequent use, the GT-541 is an ideal solution."

So if you don't print several prints a day..or use every day, there could be 'issues' with white as the others have experienced. It will be interesting to get some first user feedback

If any go to SGIA be sure to give us your impression

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the high-volume is pretty close to the money - if the pricing info I'd received was true 50K for a DTG is a little steep... You'll have to print a LOT of shirts to make the payments.

·
Registered
62 Posts
".... perfectly suited for high volume printers who require as much as 24-hour round-the-clock production." ------ Brother wl hv my 50k if this is true !

All eyes on this new brother GT782. Really looking forward to hearing more from it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
NOTE - EDITED POST - PLEASE DISREGARD FORMER CONTENT!!!

Just got off the phone with Bill.
The machine is officially being released next week at SGIA. He doesn't know anything for sure - but here's some conjecture:

1. It'll be a dual platen system - independent. So you can print CMYK on one, and white/CMYK on the other.

3. White is titanium based

5. Availability right now is unknown... a few months out.

6. The machine being shown next week is the prototype - they're not in production yet.

7. I've requested a sample - we'll see what I get.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I think it will be really interesting to see the new printer :) I dont think its going to print like the gt541 because white ink is added, so as far as the no maintenance and no pretreating that you have the 541, that will change because white ink will require it. I am excited to see this machine at the Long Beach show since I am not going to Atlanta :( well you all will have to tell me all about it and get samples, so we can see how things look.

This is definately the biggest new thing I have heard so far for the show. Maybe there will be more suprises.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
PiCS any one?
If they allow it, I will try to get some pics from SGIA next week.

Did the Kornit require pretreatment?

I agree that for people that were doing high volume and thinking the kornit was one of the only viable options, a printer from brother that does white ink for half the cost would sound attractive.

If it's as reliable as the 541, it should be a very interesting 2009 for DTG printers.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
If they allow it, I will try to get some pics from SGIA next week.

I agree that for people that were doing high volume and thinking the kornit was one of the only viable options, a printer from brother that does white ink for half the cost would sound attractive.

If it's as reliable as the 541, it should be a very interesting 2009 for DTG printers.
The kornit has built in pretreat but yes it does require it

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Yep Teresa is right, any white ink will require pretreament. The white ink has titanium dioxide in it which is a metal and does not blend into the fabric, the pretreatment actually binds the elements of the white ink to the fabric. That is why I say that it will be interesting to see.

The other reason I think it will be interesting is that Brother has a reputation as a printer that prints easy with little to no maintenance. This will not be the same with this machine, as white ink opens alot of new steps to take with printing and care. I am just wondering how people will respond to the machine, with the no fuss reputation the brother has. I am also very interested in the cost of their white ink, and how much it will cost per print.

So who ever goes to SGIA (hint, hint Teresa or Rodney) it would be very interesting to get this info.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
".... perfectly suited for high volume printers who require as much as 24-hour round-the-clock production." ------ Brother wl hv my 50k if this is true !

All eyes on this new brother GT782. Really looking forward to hearing more from it.
+1 on this Edison.

(And to think that I was on the phone with our Kornit distributor friend just this morning)

·
Registered
22 Posts

yes the kornit requires pre-treatment, and I hope we're lucky enough to snag one of the first machines available!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.