T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried printing with their brother on foam core? I did a small sample today, but the color wasnt quite right, and there was a bit of banding. Im thinking that is because of the coating on the foam core.

But if anyone has given this a try, Id like to hear what you did.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Re: Printing on Foam-core?

I deal with foam core all day long lol but i bet you have issue due to fact that foam board has a clay coating on it.
they do make acid foam ore that you should be able to print on because it is porous.
Regular foam will just have ink lay on top because you need to use solvent based inks to penetrate it or Uv printer to adhere to it....
cost to much to use DTG inks to print on foam....
i suggest print on regular paper and get stick back foam and paste on or spray adhesive.
you can also get heat activated tissue mount material to mount with heat press for roughly 27 sec.

It my job to know about this crap factoring in I do picture framing and in sign business :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Board should work fine.
It is prob. Illustration board that you bought that is double thick right?
I use to sell art supplies for 4 year as well lol, so I got knowledge in all fields ha.
But that should work fine :) and if you want something that will work really good... I suggest buying boards sold buy Epson.
It is a 4ply matboard that has a special coating to receive pigment/dye based inks
Best of luck and would love to hear you results.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Lol yup and I would suggest that spraying a clear coat on it to protect ink
2 or 3 light coats make a world of difference and also there are clear uv protective acrylic meant to go on prints which give it kool textures and protects against water and stuff
You can give a canvas effect with sponge bruch or use paint brush to give brush stroke effect
I use to do it alot when I did jobs for Hotels and gift shops because there would be no need of glass when it was framed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts