T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

First I have to say that I'm not in the t-shirt biz per say; I own a fundraising company. Last week I saw the Brother GT-541 at a tradeshow and was very impressed! My company offers custom fundraising products with no minimum order requirements.... needless to say, shirts and sweatshirts have sometimes been a challenge.

I am considering buying this machine so we can better accomodate onesie, twosie orders. It also opens up a lot of doors to do onsite fundraising products at various events.

I've done a lot of reading through this forum (which is sooo HELPFUL!), but I'd also like to get some opinions on the following:

1) Is the Brother machine easy enough to use for someone who is not really in the biz?

2) I'm concerned that something could happen to the machine while onsite somewhere and I would need instant telephone support (24 hours). Have any of you found a distributor that offers that??

3) Is there any negotiating room in the cost of these machines? I have one quote and I'm waiting on another... I'm just wondering if there's any wiggle room?

4) What kind of trailor are people using to transport this machine? I need some very economical ideas!

Thank you in advance for any input. I had no idea that a forum like this existed until this weekend... and what a great one it is!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
1) Is the Brother machine easy enough to use for someone who is not really in the biz?

2) I'm concerned that something could happen to the machine while onsite somewhere and I would need instant telephone support (24 hours). Have any of you found a distributor that offers that??

3) Is there any negotiating room in the cost of these machines? I have one quote and I'm waiting on another... I'm just wondering if there's any wiggle room?

4) What kind of trailor are people using to transport this machine? I need some very economical ideas!

Thank you in advance for any input. I had no idea that a forum like this existed until this weekend... and what a great one it is!!

1. Its learning curve is very simple. If you've ever printed an inkjet transfer, printing on the Brother is just the same. The Brother's mainly for White and Lights though. You can do some darker shirts, but you have to plot and plan your design in order to make it work right. I've only ventured to do black text on some of the darker colors.

2. Unfortunately I do not know the answer to this. I wouldn't be surprised if Brother had a 24/7 hotline, but I do not know.

3. Doubt there's much negotiating, if you asked what the show special was when you were at the event, you can probably finaggle that out of the sales team. Most of the times they offer Free Shipping or a Free Stand at the show. Brother more than likely dictates the price and what can be given away at the shows.

4. Mine's sitting in my shop, however we have talked about putting it in a trailer to visit shows with. Stitch Cities was talking about setting up an actual trailer package at one time I think, so you may want to contact them. Also ask them about the process of moving the machine. There was a post quite awhile back (probably in like April) from someone that did DTG on the road (with pictures of their setup), however I am unable to find it at the moment.

Sorry I didn't have more information about its mobility, I've had my Brother since March and had no issues with it (aside from it being idle more than it should, which is more my location and my problem than its heh)

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. Its learning curve is very simple. If you've ever printed an inkjet transfer, printing on the Brother is just the same. The Brother's mainly for White and Lights though. You can do some darker shirts, but you have to plot and plan your design in order to make it work right. I've only ventured to do black text on some of the darker colors.

2. Unfortunately I do not know the answer to this. I wouldn't be surprised if Brother had a 24/7 hotline, but I do not know.

3. Doubt there's much negotiating, if you asked what the show special was when you were at the event, you can probably finaggle that out of the sales team. Most of the times they offer Free Shipping or a Free Stand at the show. Brother more than likely dictates the price and what can be given away at the shows.

4. Mine's sitting in my shop, however we have talked about putting it in a trailer to visit shows with. Stitch Cities was talking about setting up an actual trailer package at one time I think, so you may want to contact them. Also ask them about the process of moving the machine. There was a post quite awhile back (probably in like April) from someone that did DTG on the road (with pictures of their setup), however I am unable to find it at the moment.

Sorry I didn't have more information about its mobility, I've had my Brother since March and had no issues with it (aside from it being idle more than it should, which is more my location and my problem than its heh)
We are in the process of purchasing a GT-541. They gave us all the trade show incentives - free shipping, free stand and free installation & training. We bought the heat press from Imprintables warehouse for about $250 cheaper for a similar one Brother is selling with their package.
Hope this helps.
Jolene

1 - 5 of 5 Posts