T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone tried using this machine in a portable set up, I am considering buying one of these and using to produce souvenir tee shirt for events. How bulky, heavy, robust is the machine? If anyone out there has any info at all I would be grateful.
regards,
Steve.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We have taken ours to a few shows recently. We are currently building a trailer to set up permanently for events. I have had a few problems at the shows, but I think it will all work out in the end.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have taken ours to a few shows recently. We are currently building a trailer to set up permanently for events. I have had a few problems at the shows, but I think it will all work out in the end.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I was thinking the same thing that a trailer or van set up would be required. How robust would describe the machine? What sort of problem did you encounter?
Regards,
Steve.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We have th GT-541 and it weight is 220 lbs. If you put a piece of cardboard to the right of the jets and lock them in place, it move quite well. Just a little heavy

·
Registered
115 Posts
We have taken it out 5 times. We are using it right out of the back of our little 5 x 8 trailer right now. The events are outdoors. We operate with a generator.

I'm still not sure what is causing my problem. When I am at home, it prints great. When I go to the events, it has been hot and the printer is telling me so. It is taking a LONG time for the image to reach the printer and then when it does print I am having trouble with banding. I have to clean the heads to correct it. I am thinking that when I have my larger trailer set up it will be better. I live in a very dry location. My trailer will have a swamp cooler in the summer and a humidifier in the winter. Since it always works well at home, I think that this will fix the problems. (fingers crossed!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Suzan,
Thanks for your comments, it sounds to me that problems are coming from the computer getting over hot. We do not get much hot weather here in England but I remember a few years ago we had an exceptionally hot summer and my computer ran very slow and sometimes just stalled. I would think if you got all this cooling equipment it will solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Susan, it sounds like it is definately being caused by the heat and not enough humidity. Is there any way you can put a cool air humidifier near your printer in the trailer? This may help with the banding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,
Did you ever get it together with the printer and outdoor shows? I am am still dithering as to whether to buy one. The main problem is the availablity of art work in that it is all well and good having the printer but what to do with it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes, we did. We built a custom vendor trailer, 8 ft by 20 ft long with a long window that opens on one side. It is insulated all around. We keep a humidifier going all the time and in the summer a swamp cooler. It is working out great! My husband is a photographer. We go to events, he takes photos, we display them on computer screens. I have 2 teenagers at the windows taking orders and I print photos on the shirts behind them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts