T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I have not heard anything about a brother with white ink. There have been many rumors like that in the past and all proved to be false. It would be interesting but I have not heard anything that says that day is coming in the near future :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
When I asked last time at the NBM show in long beach, I was told that they would come out with a white ink printing printer when they could come up with an ink that prints the same as the cmyk, and I said to the rep well that would be never then because any white ink has to have titanium oxide to make it opaque and that requires maintenance :) and he agreed.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Yea that is the thing that until something comes out its really speculation. It would be interesting but so far I have not seen anything to indicate that this going to happen.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I will believe it when i see it.

They already have a following and a rep of plug and play so i cant see them risking the white unless they have something perfect

That is the thing too is that white will never be as easy as cmyk, the properties of the ink are too different. Once you add the titanium oxide into the mix that is a whole other issue, and will be the same maintenance as any other white printing machine. It will also require the user to have to use a rip as well. So it will basically be the same as any of the epsons out there as far as the care and learning will be concerned. That is why it is interesting to me to see if they ever do it, but I dont think they will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.